Decent Boots

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by toffeeboy, Aug 18, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    They are great fun, glad i never got one in the end as at 60 years old i think i have done the monkey thing now and i am now thinking of selling them :(

2. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    We're a right bunch ah Ade :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    There's a pair of Alt-Berg boots on eBay at the moment, size 8. My shoe size is 8, would they fit me or would I need a size larger ie size 9?

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I usually take size 8, but my Altbergs are a 9 because I needed a padded insole to protect/cushion my heel bone which I had previously broken (bloody painful and not to be recommended!). They are a wee bit on the large size really, but none the worse for that. My guess is that an 8 should be okay for you ... but there is only one way to find out. Just don't blame me if I'm wrong!!:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    Cheers mate, I'll go for it, they're £70 so worth the gamble. I'll post the outcome in here after I receive them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    My shoe size is 8 but I have fairly wide feet so bought a pair of 9's which are a little long on length, but comfortable, and are right on width.

7. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Damn only just seen your post, could have tried mine on as I'm not too far away! Let us know how they are. I'm sure they'll be fine

8. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    They arrived today, unfortunately a little tight, so I'll have to re-sell them. They fit my son but he says he doesn't want them!

9. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    I have luck like that!:(

10. AndyInSurrey

AndyInSurrey Member

Aug 20, 2016
    Isle of Wight
    I bought a pair of Triumph Classic Black boots this afternoon. The Altbergs are going back for a refund. At least I now have a pair of boots. Also put my Sidi Vertigo boots on eBay to sell as they're not in keeping with the Bonneville.

11. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Anyone got a pair of the Spada Pilgrims, they look great in the pics, also does anyone know the cheapest place to buy Spada gear, they don't appear to have any representation round here?

Thanks

12. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Toffeboy - I bought the Spada Pilgrims, in black, from Sports Bike Shop. I've found them very comfortable, though the laces are a bit long (I double them round the top before tying up) and they're easy to walk in. Protection is not very substantial, to be honest, but they do suit the look of my T120.

13. toffeeboy

toffeeboy Active Member

Jul 21, 2016
    cheshire
    Would prefer non lace up boots but not many around that fit the style of the T120, would like a bit of heel and ankle protection if possible but maybe I'm after something that doesn't exist.

Did you pay full price or did you get a deal on them?

14. MickEng

MickEng Noble Member

Sep 29, 2016
    West Yorkshire
    Few replies to this one, all comes down to personal choice and price.
    Freshly back to biking last year I have been wearing Belstaff Black Prince for the spring, summer and Autumn months, I have some Dainesse for the winter.
    The nearest equivalent in looks and style to the Belstaff are the Dr. Martens Faris motorcycle boot at approx. £200 and I must say a nice basic looking good quality boot.
    Can't see my Belstaff skywalk soles wearing out to be honest, but I would go for the DMs if they do

15. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Toffeeboy - I paid £99.99 for the Pilgrim boots.