Deals Or No Deals? Thoughts After (limited) Freedom

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SleepyOwl, May 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?
  1. Yes there will be great deals cos all the shops are skint

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. No Chance- no stock and need to reclaim some losses

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Whats your thoughts after lockdown?

Not just on bikes but on other items - flights/dining/drinks/ clothing/ electricals etc

I keep changing my mind on this one. On one hand there could be great deals due to stock being sitting around and lack of sales.
    On the other hand nothing is being made or imported so there will be a lack of stock and consumers havent spent anything since lock down

In the case of bikes will they reduce PCP APR rates to move units?

Then again there are reduced wages, job uncertainty etc etc...

Maybe also use this thread for any stonking deals that emerge over the next few weeks or months.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    There may be some "post lock-down" sales as gimmicks, but I think prices (no accounting for oil) will be pretty much the same as pre-lockdown. Just my humble opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    If you see something you fancy email company to ask for discount they can only say no, I’ve just got 20% of a leather jacket I’ve always fancied.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I think there might be some early incentives to get people out the house and back into the shops, but imo don't think they will last long as the retailers will need to claw back their losses......

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I think there could be some people that have been in lock down that have been saving money, because that have not been able to spend anything. Just a thought.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Noooo not true, that is fake news you bastard. it was just making an observation !

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Spec savers 75” frames???

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Well I was planning on changing the Tiger this year before Coronabollox came along. So will be looking to test ride the new 900 as soon as lockdown allows it. We will see if there are any deals to be done (somehow doubt it with Triumph!) :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Keep saving your pennies mate, you will need them cause triumph won't be giving much away :mad:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SleepyOwl

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Loving thus idea. Goin
    Love this one. Always worth a punt.

I'm going to try this one with Ducati dealer on the Panigale V2 :joy::joy:!

Wish me luck

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    I think it might be a wise to spend more in actual shops versus on line for a while.
    The High street has been fighting it's fight for sometime now, and will need our support even more.Perhaps some of the holiday money me have, unused.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    good luck sleepyowl, I keep reading that triumph don’t do deals , there’s 3 triumph dealers in Yorkshire and one won’t budge on price so I test ride his bikes cos in best riding area and buy from other dealers, when I bought my Daytona 675 2014 new I got £700 off cash price (bank transfer), when I bought my street RS765 I was away for weekend with wife and it was pissing down in Seahouses so I rang dealer (cob&jagger triumph & Ducati dealer ) and said what’s cheapest you can do me RS 765 for, he replied will you leave deposit now? I said yes he replied £9450 for cash bank transfer, bargain.

• Like Like x 4
  13. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    We spend as much as we can in local mom and pop shops and restaurants. But, living in a small community, some things can only be found on line or when we drive to larger communities.

• Like Like x 1
  14. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Got a feeling the 2nd hand market might be a bit flooded with tiger 800s what with the 900 coming out, and all those backlogged orders being fulfilled. flights’ll be pricey as they won’t be able to sell as many seats, don’t know about hotels that could go either way. Big stores that have online sites have probably seen sales soar so won’t be many bargains from them unless, as someone said,
    They use it as an incentive to get people into the store, but then maybe they’ll realise they don’t need to rely on footfall!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    crispey said, "Big stores that have online sites have probably seen sales soar . . ."

I agree. This farce has certainly been a boon for Amazon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. SleepyOwl

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    He is having a great time of it at Amazon. Nearly paid off his divorce in the last few months

8630CE4B-30D2-4706-A599-4C060053C756.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland

Its not something I can afford to do normally, like the butcher, 3 times the price and I dont see the difference on cuts of meat/lamb but I do buy his beef sausages cos you cant get good beef sausages in superstores.
    Anyway I will be making the effort when we reopen.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Hi Shaun64,
    When do you get the other 80% of the jacket? ;).
    Ken.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    You need to find a wholesale butchers near you mate, we have one and the price is no real difference to supermarkets but the quality is second to none :cool::cool:
    If you buy a steak, chicken breast or chop you can tell the difference coz it doesn't shrink to half size when you cook it :yum:yum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    True dat. There is definitely a limit to my patronizing. If an item is too much over what I'd pay elsewhere, I'll skip it. But if it is close -within, say 20%, I'll stay loyal. I guess we all have our price.

• Agree Agree x 4