Sprint GT Dealer Servicing ??

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Mpgscott, Aug 27, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mpgscott

Mpgscott Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    Well over the weekend i was carrying out a few tasks one of which involved removing the airbox, look at the state of the filter. Ive taken plenty apart over the years and havent seen one this clogged up, so is this the norm on the Triumphs does the tripple suck in differently to other bikes? This bike is full dealer history before i got it and with only just over 22K miles this filter has never been touched.

Same looking at the plugs I’m pretty sure it’s not had much done whilst at the hands of the dealers. So they wonder why we get annoyed at the level of service (or lack of it) The last owner has all the documentation and receipts and has paid handsomely to have it taken care of but for me it doesn’t look like much has ever taken place. So with this in mind i will now strip the rear down and see what like the bearings given they are supposed to be done at 12K.

[​IMG]

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:eek: Shocking that mate
    Do you know which dealer :confused:

3. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    I will need to check when im home at the weekend, it was down in Eastbourne area..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mpgscott

Mar 1, 2018
    Inverness
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Is the airbox very cramped internally ? As this may be the cause, all the air coming in at high speeds can't flow to the outer edges before it is drawn through ! This would cause the majority of the incoming air to pass through the element in the area shown this would be where the inlet ducting points directly at the filter !!

6. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    They are probably the worst bikes evee for clogging the air filter