De-cat & Flash

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Joe99, May 31, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    #41 MrTriple, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Admitting a visit to Hilltop feels like it needs an AA stye introduction:

Hi, I'm Mr Triple and I've been running Hilltop software for 150 days :laughing:

You can read all about it here: https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/2018-speed-triple-rs-–-ownership-thread.13318/page-31#post-286850

We took two bikes - an MT-10 and my RS. I asked loads of questions and got what seemed like plausible answers. I saw everything that went on, but can't possibly say whether there was any fiddling of the before/after results - and definitely can't determine whether the (I quote) "undetectable software that erases itself the instant that it detects tampering" is actually on our bikes or not.

We were offered a test ride before paying - and in my case I was slightly underwhelmed, mainly because the road conditions on the short run, didn't permit a decent test.

Then I rode home (130 odd miles) and I was absolutely staggered at the difference. Placebo? It can't be? We discussed the positive differences that we both felt, all the way home over our Sena headsets.

I've read the negative 'TreeTop' posts and yes, it does raise questions. It does seem too good to be true.

Would I go back? Yes, because if it costs £350 for a placebo affect that works...so be it :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I’ve bought a PCV not fitted it yet, just lazy but I’ve always had good results with them.
    I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with Hilltop at all a lot of people really rate them, I will say though you can adjust the fuelling completely with the PCV.

I don’t truly know what’s better, have a look through the Thruxton threads there’s definitely a couple of guys have fitted and dyno’d their bikes with power commanders