Daytona 765 Moto2 Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Streetgirl675, Dec 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Streetgirl675

Streetgirl675 ...otherwise known as Streetgirl765

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Ha ha! I think you just did :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    As I said - bought it as an investment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi Streetgirl,
    First of all, welcome to a terrific forum. I'e been reading the conversation about the Daytona you have on order. I've not done this sort of deal before but you asked for thoughts so here are mine.

This plan like a bit of a gamble to me. I've found it tough to predict what the moto companies have up their sleeves and although this model is super cool and may become a "collector's item" with a higher value down the road, then again it might not. You'd be banking on the value going up a fair amount over those several years and would still be paying insurance and registration while waiting for that to happen. You didn't say whether you'd ride it or store it if you keep it for a few years so that would also figure into resale. And then there's that pesky volatile global economy which no one knows will like next month, never mind several years.

I just now got on www.triumphmotorcycles.com to reread the info on the bike. I don't know you but I do know me! If this bike was in my garage I'd absolutely have to ride it. :D There's no way I could let that beautiful beast sit idle for a few years while waiting for its value and the market demand to increase. Maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) if I had someplace to store it where it was "out of sight, out of mind" I could let it sit. Nah....:rolleyes:

But I don't know your particular circumstances, Streetgirl. You may be on to something doing this deal and may make a nice profit. Either way you don't have to decide right now since delivery isn't for a few months yet.

My hubby had a Street Triple and loved it. But he decided he just wanted one bike and that one wasn't his primary. I currently have a Speed Triple RS and absolutely love it. :grinning: Good luck with your decisions! :)

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Ahh, just reread your post from earlier today, Streetgirl. You did say you hadn't done a deal like this before and have always bought bikes to ride, not sit around. Sorry I didn't read that post more carefully.

As someone who clearly loves to ride, you might find it quite difficult to take delivery of an amazing bike like the Daytona Moto2 765 and not ride it. Hmmm, "might find it quite difficult". For me it wouldn't just be difficult--it would be torturous!! :scream: If I were in your shoes (and could weather it financially) I'd trade the current 675 for the Daytona Moto2 765 you have coming and ride the heck out of it! :grinning: :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I'd take the £17k, to be honest. There'll no doubt be upgraded models over the years you'd be (potentially) storing the bike, and they would hit the value of yours which, as stated, would be used no matter how low the mileage.

That said, it's your money and there's nowt wrong with a bit of speculation. Good luck, whatever you do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Hi Sandi,
    Nice to have positive feedback :) I absolutely love my current triple. Knowing how I ride, I think riding the Daytona would get me into a lot of trouble :joy: . I was just trying to look up insurance, but can’t get info yet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. t_revs

t_revs New Member

Aug 4, 2019
    Southampton
    So. You keep it for five years, electric, hydrogen bikes are increasingly forced onto us, tax on petrol increases by 500%, do petrol bike values go up or down? Just sayin......

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Hi Streetgirl, wish we lived closer to one another and could meet up and ride! I'm super curious about the insurance. Please let us know what it'll cost when you get some numbers. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  9. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum Streetgirl.

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

• Like Like x 2
  10. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Who knows?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Who knows?
    Thank you. Nice to be here :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    my thoughts exactly

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. PH1969

PH1969 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Northampton
    I have one of these on order too and to be honest if I was Streetgirl I would take the £17k

• Like Like x 2
  14. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Going on past form, give it a little while and Triumph will start selling a standard Daytona model as well which means the ltd ones will reduce in value....

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    That is what worries me...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    You might be right there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    Interesting but nice dilemma to have.
    Not sure investing in motorcycles is the best investment but I suppose it’s like anything. You just have to have the right person interested and good money could be made.
    What’s the most you will lose if you keep it stored for a couple of years is the other way to look at it. If you can afford to lose some money on it then you can make your mind up later. Hopefully that won’t be the case and you can make a bit of profit.
    Good luck whatever you do and welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Streetgirl675

Dec 19, 2019
    Cheshire
    Sound advice. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I'd buy a Ducati V2, ride it, and save £2 or £3k :neutral:
    ...I'll get my coat :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Streetgirl and welcome to the forum :cool: looking forward to seeing your ride

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1