Daytona 600 Low Fuel Light On Constantly

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Larbertman, Apr 17, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Larbertman

Larbertman New Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Larbert, Stirlingshire
    Hi all you knowledgeable folks -

After putting my D600 back together after wiring in R&G heated grips and Smart Turn System indicator mods my low fuel light is now constantly on.
    Can anyone explain how it is supposed to work - i.e. does the sensor in the tank break-to-fall or make-to-fall and is it a simple switch or something more complicated. (I seem to remember that on my SV650, the light came on when the level got down to a certain level then began to flash when it got really low).
    The key thing is, have I done something daft when tinkering with all the wiring blocks that lie on the rubber mat underneath the air box?

Dave

2. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I would retrace my steps if I were you. It sounds like you did something you didn't intend to do while making your mods. Of course, your sending unit could be stuck. If your bike uses a float type sender, the next time you are actually low on fuel, try shaking the bike and see if this helps. Best of luck.

3. Larbertman

Larbertman New Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Larbert, Stirlingshire
    Here's a picture of the sensor - can anyone tell if it's a float type? The tank spent quite a while propped up on its end so the sensor would have been in fresh air a while and could have jammed. upload_2019-4-17_15-25-36.png
    The wire end is downwards in normal service, I believe.

Dave

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    How long have you run the bike before you decided the sensor was not working?

5. Larbertman

Larbertman New Member

Feb 9, 2019
    Larbert, Stirlingshire
    I’ve run several tankfuls now and it remains resolutely lit.