Featured Dart Classic Screen Fitted To Speed Twin

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by meepmeep, Sep 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. meepmeep

meepmeep Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Herts
    Thought I'd share a few pictures. It took 10 minutes to fit and appears to be good quality.

I'll update this post with some thoughts on its performance once I've been out for a few rides.

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. DaveD

DaveD Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Northwest
    Can't wait to hear what you think Meepmeep. i've thought about getting one for the Bonnie but don't want to ruin the look, especially if there is no benefit. I'm 6'4" so get a lot of wind buffering and not sure what the small screen would do as a benefit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Duckadiledundee

Duckadiledundee Senior Member

Jun 24, 2019
    High Peak
    Looks very smart....
    Nice looking bike....
    Detailed photos which I like...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. freck

freck Noble Member
    Subscriber

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I’ve fitted a Dart screen to my Beemer and although I’ve not really found any benefit in regard to wind deflection (it’s a bit small really, and I’m 6’2”) it does have the advantage of keeping bugs off the back of the clocks/headstock. :grinning:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. newcomer

newcomer Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2018
    king's lynn
    I had a dart screen on my Bonny and now have one on my speedmaster. I did not fit them as on the bikes when I bought them. They are quite good but find being a shorty (5.8) the screen deflects most bugs straight at my face. Only good this is I have full face helmet and not open face. Pebble dashing comes to mind on a really heavy bug day.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. meepmeep

meepmeep Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Herts
    I went out for an hour this morning to try out the new screen.

I'm 5' 9" tall and tried a variety of roads and speeds.

60 mph on A roads and motorway were very comfortable.

70 mph on the motorway - much reduced wind on the chest. Amateur use of the left hand to follow the wind from the top of the screen, showed it being directed to the helmet visor. With ear plugs in I didn't notice any extra noise or buffeting.

80 mph - much more bearable; I'm sure that I could maintain this for a few hours.

I didn't expect the screen to turn my naked bike into a full-on tourer, but I'm happy with the improvement for the money spent.

• Like Like x 4
  7. freck

freck Noble Member
    Subscriber

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I do hope that was on a closed or private road. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Bagman

Bagman Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Aug 5, 2019
    Dundee, Scotland
    I put the same screen on my Speed Twin and would agree with your findings. I actually think it looks like it should have been on the bike straight from the factory - well pleased :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  9. andrew harris

andrew harris New Member

Aug 9, 2019
    south wales
    Took my little street cup black n grey one, upto see my mates father whos in his 70s but still rides, anyway he has an old norton commndo, couple if vellos, bsa and a yamaha fazr which the only he one he rides now, and the thing he raved about the most on the cup was the fly screen, he bloody loved the thing haha. Didnt know wether to be chuffed or gutted.

• Like Like x 3
  10. mountainstumble

mountainstumble New Member

Jul 29, 2019
    Nottingham
    I added one to my Sreet Twin and found riding on dual carriageways and motorways a much better experience but without completely stripping away all the feeling of being on a naked bike.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JPB

JPB Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Aug 22, 2017
    Somerset
    3C0140B9-C024-48E9-8B09-9FB96D337E50.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. 45Brit2017

45Brit2017 Well-Known Member

May 30, 2017
    UK
    I have one. It doesn’t do much but the difference is definitely noticeable. Looks rather smart, though..

• Like Like x 2