Cyclists

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Red Thunder, Sep 16, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi Rich Bryce,
    We had a one of those here in Northam WA. He was mid to late teen's, and he put one hell of a loud expansion pipe on his two stroke strap on motor. They are quite legal here if under 30cc ( I think that's the size limit) and produce only 2 or 3 horse power so they are basically restricted to around 30 kph top speed ! This young bloke put a larger barrel etc ( 50cc ??) Ported it bigger magneto/coil he was passing people doing the speed limit ! @ night NO light's and his push bike only had std rubber blocks onto wheel rims type braking !!! Took the Police months to get him off the roads as the local courts and judge were far to lenient !!!! He had several accidents nearly killing himself on more than one occasion. The modding of the motor cost him pennies relatively to what the fines mounted up to !!!
    I believe they are quite probably still outstanding and this took place three years ago, so passing laws new ones is a waste of effort,time and money if the one's we already have are being flouted like this tosser did ???

• Like Like x 1
  2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    Hi Dozer,
    This is what should have happened in my post, but some parents don't enforce rules on their children ! Leave it up to society and the Law Court's, by then it's pretty much too late.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    • Like Like x 3
  4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    But he'd probably of heard it coming if it was:D