Cyclists

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Red Thunder, Sep 16, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Fucking cylcists!!!
    Every morning there is this old beardy bloke riding one just like that but with thicker wheels usually around a 4 pitch football field but often down an alley that 5' wide, fenced both sides with no regard for any one else but him, expecting every one to move over for him!
    Well not this morning boyo!!!
    Ive got sick of it, he aint supposed to be riding there any way, so whilst walking Incpot we took up all the width and made him stop and gett of, I wasn't budging!
    'Scuse me' he says, 'fuck off' says I, 'we've had enough of you, in future you WILL give way to walkers, not the other way round!!'
    Oh yeh?' he says?
    Yep, cause next time you will accidentally collide with my shoulder as you go into the fence!
    By this time 2 more people had come upto us as well, and started to have a go as well, I left them to it!
    This is how all bikes should be ridden, just like mine!
    IMG_0042.JPG
    Not necessarily with a dogs toy on the rack though, which my Mrs put there while hoovering!

• Like Like x 3
  2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Oh yeah!!

3. H.O.

H.O. Noble Member

Nov 28, 2015
    ARDROSSAN, AYRSHIRE
    Like that old Brooke Bond monkey advert 'Can you ride tandem?'
    Or riding bear back!

• Like Like x 1
  4. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    Nearly killed one yesterday, no lights riding like a fucking idiot and decided to come between me and a bus,and then proceeded to tell me I was riding illegally in the bus lane, guess what you fucking moron, motorcyclists can use the bus lane too came the reply ffs :mad:

5. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Good on'yer !

6. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Actually hit a cyclist once. I was going through the top of the T at a T junction in my car(looking at a letter T I was going from left to right). The lights were on red as I approached so I slowed down. As I got nearer they changed to green so in 3rd gear I accelerated a little to go through the lights. As I did so a guy came up the T on a cycle and turned right straight in front of me. He had gone through a red light. Actually he was travelling downhill so he had some speed and together with my braking I didn't hit him very hard. Unfortunately he and his bike did scrape most of the side of my car which cost me several hundred pounds to get sorted. He was OK apart from appearing to have downs syndrome or some kind of impediment, I'm not sure. Although I took his name and address I didn't pursue him for the repair costs. Cyclists most definitely should be forced to have insurance and be ticketed and banned.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I agree that all two wheelers need to ride with caution, but it pisses me off when I see motorcyclists slagging off fellow two-wheelers who have every right to road space and respect, and especially when there is gloating over cyclists being sideswiped by inattentive motorists. It's happened to me, but as I said, I filter slowly with a foot ready to kick a car door I see opening.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Impossible to enforce.

9. andypandy

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I don't see why. If you can do it with motorbikes you can do it with cycles. It just requires the will. Registration plates/stamps, road tax and insurance. Oh and riding tests too, stringent ones. It's all been said before on earlier posts but cyclists can be an absolute menace on the roads, especially when they go around in packs, often 2 or more abreast.

10. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    It might have been said a million times before, but it doesn't make it any the more practical or enforceable, unless you want to pay to quadruple and more the cost of policing by putting bobbies back on the beat. Think it through.

11. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    Big cycling lobby in Bristol. Luckily we can use the bus lanes, but cyclists want to ban us from using them. So, on a personal note they can take a one big Fuck Off.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #72 Rich Bryce, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
    The sheer number of bicycles that are stolen every week would make the administration of vehicle registration etc for cycles an admin nightmare, and laws are pointless if unenforceable. Put thousands more bobbies on the beat and be prepared to pay the cost through your taxes, then maybe. Also, how are you going to deal with the thousands of kiddies bikes on the street? Having a funk with cyclists is one thing. Licensing etc isn't the cure. Take cars off the road and get folks on two wheels and public transport, that's the solution. Cars are the menace, not other legitimate road users. I've been riding bikes of both varieties for many years. I've yet to be really bothered by cyclists on the road - even the annoying ones who jump the lights - but plenty of cagers have p!$$3d me off big time. If I get slowed by a cyclist on bendy roads, then I just take my time. What's the extra minute matter in the grand scheme of things?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    It's generally about building relationships for influence and future trade - very rarely altruistic. That's the political economist in me speaking. More's to the point is the billions wasted on wars we have no business being in and which we aren't equipped for. But that's another argument for another day ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. John Will

John Will Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Bury St Edmunds.
    Most of us cyclist do pay ROAD FUND and have third party insurance. If your a proficient cyclist riding cycle paths can be more dangerous to yourself, speed, wondering pedestrians and joggers with headset that don't hear you. DONT mention bells ether.

15. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Exactly, as do pedestrians. And cyclists pay VAT on their bikes too, and on the ones they buy to replace the ones that have been stolen (bitter friggin' experience in spades).

16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    some brave soul should post this thread on a cycle forum not me though:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  17. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Talking of cyclists Look at this - unbelievable lol
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  18. PompeyMark

PompeyMark Senior Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Portsmouth
    I wonder if he shouts "Nee Naw Nee Naw too"?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thruccyboy

Thruccyboy Senior Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Essex
    Probably collecting it week by week...he's on book 7658. Engine comes in part 8658 & all this for only $35 per book, week 1 only $3 & includes left pedal:)

• Like Like x 5
  20. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    He needs one of these to annoy the neighbours.

• Like Like x 4