Crystal White Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by JimDiesel, Mar 20, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Hi all,
    Anyone had issues with the Crystal White paint scheme from Triumph?

I have A 2012 crystal white speed trip, love it to bits but the paint seems to chip so easily....
    Triumph have discontinued the colour, I couldn't even buy a touch up kit from triumph within 6 months of buying the bike!!
    Only reason I ask is, I have two mates, one with a panther black speed trip and another with a purple zest Street trip, neither seem to have as many chips or marks as mine, we all generally ride together, so same roads, all kind of rotate position, and still mine is worse one...

Just wondering if there is a reason for Triumph only discontinuing the white???

P.S. I do have more than two friends... Honest :biggrin:

2. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Happy to report my red Speed Triple s chip free at 1500 mile, think the wife's Purple is ok. Manged to put two big stone chips on my new Schuberth helmet though, both were when I was following the Mrs's bike thrown up from her rear tyre.

Jim do you spend lots of time riding at the back? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  3. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    Lmao, Richard.... We rotate.... And no, we all know the white bikes are faster... :biggrin:
    Glad, yours are both ok, shame about the helmet, I have a couple in mine too, a guy in our group is called 'The Graveler' as he always rides the gravel lines...