Sprint GT Crash Protection

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Aidan, Jan 24, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Aidan

Aidan Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Essex
    Has anyone had any experience with crash protectors on a Sprint GT? I would like to get some to a) protect expensive fairing in a fall and b) to mount some auxiliary lights. I dropped my Sprint GT when coming out of a petrol station last year, and caused a bit of damage. I assume some crash bungs may have stopped this. the thing I am a little concerned about is that they seem to fit on the frame. Could the bungs actually transmit the force to the frame and damage that? Any input appreciated.

2. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    I put some R&G bungs on mine, you can't really hang lights off them.
    They will protect the fairing in a low speed drop or a slide.
    I hope never to find out just how effective they are.
    They are simple, if a bit fiddly, to fit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Triumphal385

Triumphal385 Active Member

Mar 23, 2020
    South East
    I put R & G Aero on my Sprint ST. I've dropped twice, once a fuel stabiliser., when, as I moved off onto downward slope guy at pump to my right stepped straight out in front of me. I stopped, he waved apology, then as I moved he did it again, but the slope then took the bike as I put my right foot down then the bike weight was too much at the angle. The bungs saved fairing damage, but the bungs plastic aero bungs are not easily found, to replace the marked ones.

I would highly recommend fitting a set.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1