Featured Coventry Transport Museum

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Hubaxe, Feb 22, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Hi,
    Last week end I went to the Coventry Transport Museum, and I don't remind that museum been mentioned on the forum.
    It's all about the bicycles / cars / motorcycles makers around Coventry, and Triumph has a great place and a lot of vehicles represented in the museum. Triumph history is also well explained.
    A very nice museum. a lot of iconic Triumph motorcycle exposed.

• Like Like x 8
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 Noble Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    It’s a few years since I visited but I thought it a very good museum with some fantastic exhibits. It does get a little disconcerting when there are vehicles I’ve driven or worked on in museums though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Octoberon

Octoberon Crème de la Crème

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    You come all the way from the other side of France and you visit...Coventry? :D

You know how this works. Picture or it didn't happen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    IMG_3196.JPG

:grinning::grinning:
    I usually don't take any pictures, just enjoy the visit.
    As the pass is available 1 year, I'll probably visit again.

In another hand I've taken some pictures of street art in Digbeth and The Custard Factory in Birmingham.
    But that has nothing to do with Triumph.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Have you been, or are you going, to the National Motorcycle Museum, seeing as you're in that part of the world?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    Not been yet, but that's a plan for next travel over there.
    That time we made a mix of cultural/walks/museum. We've been to Stratford-upon-Avon, Coventry, and walked a lot in Birmingham. 30km walk in 3 days.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Cov transport museum ain't bad, went a few years ago and they had a 350 Bandit/Fury there. Pity you didn't get to the Nationa Motorcycle Museum tho, loads of everything British there.
    I used to work in the Custard Factory in the mid 80s, it as more industrial then, amazing how it has changed to the IN place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    Not to mention the Triumph factory (again, if you haven't been before). I had an unexpectedly entertaining evening in Stratford a couple of years ago watching some Shakespeare (King John).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hubaxe

Mar 25, 2020
    I'll go to the National Motorcycle Museum, he is on my radar since a while. We go to Brums quite often. Our daughter lives there.
    The Custard Factory area rehabilitation is really interesting. A kind of arti hype-raw street art mix.

For a next visit there if some of you in the area wants to meet somewhere (at the condition they have real ale) I'll be happy to join.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Octoberon

Jul 2, 2020
    Peak District, Yorkshire
    I was going to suggest the same thing. Let us know when you're around next time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Glad you enjoyed, I do like a good museum wander. Yes as @Octoberon says, next time yo are over let’s us know :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Well, ya have to admit, this is a picture that show that it happened! :joy: Sounds like you enjoyed the museum, Hubaxe. I do understand that sometimes it's nice to just enjoy the visit and not take pictures. I started doing that with scuba diving after trying my hand at underwater photography. Turns out I like "enjoying the (underwater) visit" more sans camera.

• Agree Agree x 3