Couldn't Stand The Heat So I Got Out Of The Kitchen...

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Sandi T, Aug 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    but it was still HOT! In reality, the kitchen was much cooler. ;) Mustang and I ran a few errands yesterday afternoon and let me say that I am VERY thankful for my car's air condition system. It was a comfy 62ºF inside but check out the reading for the temperature outside! :scream::sun:

IMG_9203.jpeg

And there seemed to be a couple of themes on the radio this afternoon.

IMG_9204.jpeg

IMG_9207.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Wow Sandi, thank god its not humid, but that 113’f/45’c Mark is universally HOT :scream::sun:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    So true, Ron, and a great point! :):joy: That said, I’ll take 114°F over -10°F any day. :cool::sun: But thank goodness I don’t have to do that all year long. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Don! I appreciate the link to the forecast. I hadn’t heard that the heat was to be so widespread. I do believe that, blessedly, it’s supposed to cool down a bit in the coming week.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mark Gilgallon

Mark Gilgallon Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Dublin Ireland
    23 degrees here and it’s a heatwave!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    It was unseasonably cool day here at 86, so pleasent I went on a 20 miles bicycle ride. Should have only did 15 cause the last 3 miles home were painful.:tired_face:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I am some 400-500 (?) miles west of Sandi.T in the California desert. They are predicting 107°f. For the weekend. Due to blood pressure issues, I usually do not ride in that weather anymore. Our Volvo S-80 has wonderful A/C, tinted windows, and a white exterior. Even air conditioned seats. I have been in weather in that thing as hot as 119° [Near Ontario Airport a couple of summers back]. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 4