Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Privateer

Privateer Stand up member
    Subscriber

Jan 2, 2017
    Derbyshire
    That's the answer I was looking for!! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Active Member
    Subscriber

Aug 8, 2019
    Nottingham
    If they're anything like the Chinese when it comes to dog, they won't be catching them but breeding them.

First time I worked in China was in a region where dog was popular, and they bred a small breed specifically for the pot.

Wasn't tempted myself :)

DS

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme
    Subscriber

Nov 6, 2014
    sw london
    I spent 3 weeks there filming, absolutely loved the food and drinking customs, although I had to educate our guide/fixer that 20yr old malt whisky shouldn’t be drank as a shot!

• Like Like x 3
  4. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thank you Steve. This lot need educating. Did you try their fried chicken and those big potato pancakes. Yummy
    And that alcoholic stuff called Soju. Pretty dangerous, only really suitable for someone like @dilligaf

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    Nikki, first of all I've never eaten Korma, which as we all know is not actually a curry. :joy:
    It would have been a Madras or more likely back then Vindaloo.
    All I know is that two policemen came in, along with a bloke with a clipboard, and spoke to the owner before heading back into the kitchen. They emerged a few minutes later carrying several clear plastic bags with what was clearly Tiddles and his mates frozen inside.
    No one left and the restaurant wasn't asked to close. :D

• WTF WTF x 2
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising
    Subscriber

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Can any of us be sure what we are eating in a curry house, in particular if it is a hot curry. I guess you pays your money and take your chances.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Back in the 70’s and even the 80’s they could get away with that, but I like to think that it’s not so easy or even worth while nowadays. Could be wrong though, who knows.

8. freck

freck Elite Member
    Subscriber

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    There was a Chinese take away/ chippy where I used to live that got closed down in the early 80s when a food hygiene inspector called round for an inspection and found two Alsatian carcasses hung up in the kitchen. o_O
    I was gutted, it was the best chippy around for miles. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Put on your big boy pants and man up
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    99142024_151328083206265_9087674864419995648_n.jpg

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 5
  10. Sandi T.

Sandi T. It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    And speaking of McDonald's drive throughs........

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 3.56.58 PM.png

• Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Dozers Dad

Dozers Dad Bushmills Chief Quality Controller
    Subscriber

A Ural or a Dnepr I think Sandi?
    If so, it's the ultimate poor man's eastern block vehicle gone all western & capitalist at McDonald's :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Noble Member

Apr 26, 2019
    Planet Earth
    Those things are EXPENSIVE over here ! ...J.D.

13. Sandi T.

Sandi T. It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I think it's a Ural, DD. Yes, those are all westernized and sort of "hip" around my neck of the woods. I'm not sure what this one is but I saw it recently coming down the hill when I was on my daily morning walk. If it's not Ural it is seemingly a knockoff.

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 6.21.42 PM.png

• Like Like x 6
  14. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear
    Subscriber

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Yes it is a URAL the other models came from different factories across the old soviet union, originally in the UK in the 70's 80's they where called Cossack's and then Nevel's, they are an acquired taste a mate of mine his dad had a Cossack in the 80's he used to run it on 50/50 petrol/paraffin, the hand book told you how to cross a trench it also came with a very comprehensive tool kit which was of cause required on a regular basis.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. half ton

half ton Ave yer gotta light Buh.
    Subscriber

View attachment 95920 [/QUOTE]

Is that Fella doing 100mph...his throttle arm is looking well ripply or does he just have loose skin like a Sharpei dog

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Is that Fella doing 100mph...his throttle arm is looking well ripply or does he just have loose skin like a Sharpei dog[/QUOTE]

I think they are called muscles HT :D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. half ton

half ton Ave yer gotta light Buh.
    Subscriber

I think they are called muscles HT :D[/QUOTE]

I know what muscles are ya Nugget....I've got one under my fine layer of fatty tissue (somewhere).But WTF is going on from his elbow to his wrist:eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    #1738 TEZ 217, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Nowt !! apart from the fact shadows are being cast over him to me it looks absolutely normal :D
    PS - normal to a Geordie Nugget, may differ from normal to you Nugget's doon there. :cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear
    Subscriber

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    Is that Fella doing 100mph...his throttle arm is looking well ripply or does he just have loose skin like a Sharpei dog[/QUOTE]

Muscles, developed holding those things in a straight line :D accelerate and the bike tries to go round the sidecar, I have touched cloth riding many a sidecar :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Muscles, developed holding those things in a straight line :D accelerate and the bike tries to go round the sidecar, I have touched cloth riding many a sidecar :D[/QUOTE]
    Only rode a sidecar once for about 50 yards and that was enough! Nearly went through a post office wall when I shut the throttle, nobody warned me about them steering themselves :worried::scream:

• Funny Funny x 3