Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    You say you don’t think a plan will work, well, guess what...
    On the news just now I’m pretty sure I’ve just heard the Health minister telling us about their plan.
    Ken.
    PS. At no time did I say I wanted to see what was in a plan....I said, I just wished they had a plan they could publish.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hot or cold? It’s important!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Now you’re talking sense

4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Well that’s sensible then. You want a plan but don’t want to see what’s in it?
    : unamused: :neutral:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    #945 SprinterII, Apr 23, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2020

How do you formulate a plan, when these are the guidelines?

Latest UK Government Advice

As we enter the next 3 weeks of lockdown here is a summary of the advice:

1. You MUST NOT leave the house for any reason, but if you have a reason, you can leave the house

2. Masks are useless at protecting you against the virus, but you may have to wear one because it can save lives, but they may not work, but they may be mandatory, but maybe not

3. Shops are closed, except those shops that are open

4. You must not go to work but you can get another job and go to work

5. You should not go to the Drs or to the hospital unless you have to go there, unless you are too poorly to go there

6. This virus can kill people, but don’t be scared of it. It can only kill those people who are vulnerable or those people who are not vulnerable people. It’s possible to contain and control it, sometimes, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster

7. Gloves won't help, but they can still help so wear them sometimes or not

8. STAY HOME, but it's important to go out

9. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarkets, but there are many things missing. Sometimes you won’t need loo rolls but you should buy some just in case you need some

10. The virus has no effect on children except those children it effects

11. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…

12. Stay 2 metres away from tigers (see point 11)

13. You will have many symptoms if your get the virus, but you can also get symptoms without getting the virus, get the virus without having any symptoms or be contagious without having symptoms, or be non contagious with symptoms...

14. To help protect yourself you should eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand as it's better not to go out shopping

15. It's important to get fresh air but don't go to parks but go for a walk. But don’t sit down, except if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant or if you’re not old or pregnant but need to sit down. If you do sit down don’t eat your picnic

16. Don’t visit old people but you have to take care of the old people and bring them food and medication

17. If you are sick, you can go out when you are better but anyone else in your household can’t go out when you are better unless they need to go out

18. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house. These deliveries are safe. But groceries you bring back to your house have to be decontaminated outside for 3 hours including Pizza...

19. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but they can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver

20. You are safe if you maintain the safe social distance when out but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance

21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours ... or four hours... six hours... I mean days, not hours... But it needs a damp environment. Or a cold environment that is warm and dry... in the air, as long as the air is not plastic

22. Schools are closed so you need to home educate your children, unless you can send them to school because you’re not at home. If you are at home you can home educate your children using various portals and virtual class rooms, unless you have poor internet, or more than one child and only one computer, or you are working from home. Baking cakes can be considered maths, science or art. If you are home educating you can include household chores to be education. If you are home educating you can start drinking at 10am

23. If you are not home educating children you can also start drinking at 10am

24. The number of corona related deaths will be announced daily but we don't know how many people are infected as they are only testing those who are almost dead to find out if that's what they will die of… the people who die of corona who aren’t counted won’t be counted

25. You should stay in locked down until the virus stops infecting people but it will only stop infecting people if we all get infected so it’s important we get infected and some don’t get infected

26. You can join your neighbours for a street party and turn your music up for an outside disco and your neighbours won’t call the police. People in another street are allowed to call the police about your music.

27. No business will go under due to Coronavirus except those businesses that will have already gone under.

O.P. Alfie.

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    This was posted on another social media site so take it with a pinch of salt ;);)
    I cannot verify the specific numbers without a ridiculous amount of research but I believe the basic premise works :cool::cool:

"Not defending our Government but...... I’ve just been having a look at something I saw on the news comparing englands deaths from covid to Germany and New Zealand.

Firstly I thought what a weird comparison to compare england and New Zealand knowing how sparsely populated it is. New Zealand has a population density of 18 people per sq km, where as england has 430 people per sq km.. making New Zealands pop density nearly 24x smaller than englands, so for the media to compare the two when they’re talking about the spread of a virus that requires people being close to each other to thrive is completely ridiculous.

Then I thought, well I know Germany are doing pretty well at dealing with the virus so I thought I wonder how densely populated Germany is, 227 people per km2, which is 1/2 the density of England. so the deaths in the England are 16k and in Germany are 4650.. that’s not far off 3x smaller than England, so every time the media slate how we are dealing with it just remember that if Germany had the same population density as us they would be relatively similar to us with the same amount of deaths. Also the disparities in how they report covid19 deaths are an issue when the uk reports any deaths where covid is present compared to Germany who only list it on the death certificate if it is a predominant factor.

Spain has 91 people per square km with a death toll of nearly 22k so when you compare those to England’s numbers they are doing absolutely horrendously compared to us when their pop density is 5x smaller than ours.

France has 117 people per square km, with a death toll of nearly 20k so again, they are doing much much worse than we are when we are.

We have a lower death per capita level than France, Italy and Spain, when all of them have a population density way lower than ours.
    France 302
    Italy 391
    Spain 446
    England 237
    Which is very important when this is a virus that thrives in densely populated situations so if we were dealing with it as badly as these 3 countries we would be losing thousands more!

My point is that when you compare the numbers truthfully we are doing well compared to other countries when we have such a densely populated country, please do some of your own fact checking and digging before you believe the utter garbage that is being fed to us at the moment!"

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    A little intelligence on your part would go a long way to helping you understand!
    Ken.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    What argument? I was just taking the p@*s :p

• Like Like x 2
  10. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Holy shit... he’s at it again, the man is insane... how many people could he influence with this bollox... “well the president said it seems to work so I gargled with bleach, swallowed a torch and walk around outside naked all day!!!”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52407177

• WTF WTF x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep Matt Hancock did report some additional detail on testing to support the original 5 point plan that the government had already issued. You challenged this as not being a plan. So I asked what additional detail you wanted see in the governments original plan as it was on Wednesday. So my comments were all about what additional information you were seeking, and how that would support the original government plans, not that a plan would not work. As far as I was concerned the government already had a plan. I'm pleased that you now feel that the government have a plan :cool::cool:

12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Will This guy do another term? If those that voted him in really trust him he’s going to be short of a few voters.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Hey, Tiglet,
    You ask...What’s the use of releasing any form of plan to the public.
    Address that to Wessa, in post #1197 he says the Government has, what to him,...Seems like a plan. ;)
    Ken.
    PS. Hopefully the virus will be finished before this banter. :heart_eyes:

14. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    You’d make a good politician Ken what with your ducking and diving ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    [QUOTE="Kenbro, post: 418538, member: 15124"]Hey, Tiglet,
    You ask...What’s the use of releasing any form of plan to the public.
    Address that to Wessa, in post #1197 he says the Government has, what to him,...Seems like a plan. ;)
    Ken.
    PS. Hopefully the virus will be finished before this banter. :heart_eyes:[/QUOTE]
    Just for context @Kenbro my post was in response to a couple of post (yours included) calling out that the government did not have any plans. I suggested that they had a plan(as far as plans go) that was appropriate for the current state of the lock down and any additional information would not be of any benefit at this time. Here is what I posted...

What more do we need to know at the moment. They have locked us down for another three weeks after which they will review the situation again ? They have set out what criteria needs to be met for us to exit from our current status. Seems like a plan as far as plans go.

Incidently, the UK government despite pressure from the press and opposition parties are still resisting publishing any details about what will come after the current lock down for fear of people taking this as an excuse to move away from the current lock down guidelines.

I reckon we are all interested in seeing this crisis fixed and we can get back to normal, what ever that normal might be :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    He certainly spews more shit than a deceased cow, but he will have plenty of Red necks and shit kickers to influence they can add it to their moonshine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Don the Don

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Councillor Ken, out.Ken.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

There’s ballsy and there’s looney... he jumps the line here!
    Paraphrasing...
    “Mr President sir... the people are looking to you for information and guidance, they’re not looking for rumours...”

“I’m the president and you’re fake news!”

what an egocentric cock... he has flabbered my gast yet again!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SprinterII

SprinterII Noble Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Scotland
    He is a side show put in place by big money as a distraction, end of.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2