Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    As spring approaches, and rainfall increases, the higher relative humidity will start to prevent the spread of viruses. As the days get longer so does the exposure of viruses to UV light.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    yes, that's what we're all hoping for, but there is no guarantee Coronavirus will be seasonal.

4. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    I think that the train of thought is the Vodka won't kill the virus just get's it pissed so they fight amongst themselves:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Or make love more and BREED!

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    they could do whatever, it would keep them occupied

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Well if rainfall decreases its spread, then when it drys up we are well and truly screwed!...in the UK its rained pretty much rained everyday since September 2019 :p

8. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. figwold

figwold First Class Member

Dec 12, 2016
    England
    Sombre reading indeed.

The consequences will (in general) be nowhere near so extreme, but watching the extreme stress engulfing first China, then Iran, then Korea, now Italy, reminds me of the great novel On the Beach (Neville Shute), about Australasia waiting for the deadly radioactive cloud gradually moving southwards week by week. Well worth a read if you haven’t previously.

10. Old phart phred

Old phart phred Noble Member

Jun 23, 2019
    Ks
    looting is no longer politically correct. Its now unauthorized shopping.

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    It's not doing China's economy a lot of good.... All the poor masses of underpaid and underfed workers being ill after contracting the bug. The production of silicon based products will be down (solar panels frinstance) and sales of face masks will be up.... There's the conspiracy for you, who makes the face masks? 3M? Interesting timing.... A world leader visits, and before you know it, China's economy takes a bash. China is also the world's largest producer of nickel, as used in the batteries for electric vehicles. So the price of batteries will be on the up real soon.

Above... Random thoughts as they occur to me.

Saw somewhere today a comment about the typhoid outbreak in 1820, the Spanish flu outbreak of 1920, and now coronavirus, 2020. I think that's bull though, you could pick any year and find an outbreak!

• Like Like x 5
  12. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    Italy just extended their shutdown nationwide.

Currently, outside China, the infection rate is increasing tenfold every 2 weeks, if UK follows the same trend, and I don't see Boris doing anything at all to suggest we won't. We are ~3 weeks behind Italy based on current UK infections.

BTW you can still fly from Italy to UK, no checks whatsoever.

13. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Is it fair to call it 'panic' buying if your are truly buying food reserves in preparation for 4 to 8 weeks of self isolation or lack of supplies reaching the shops?
    After reading that twitter stream from the Italian doctor, us Brits do compare to be very complacent and unprepared for what possibly is coming.
    I am pushing my company to provide remote access to my work computer so at least I can process payroll if I can't get into the office.

• Like Like x 3
  14. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    if you panic first, it's called prepping :)

And you are actually doing society a favour, because you won't be panic buying when everyone else is.

Don't forget any prescription drugs you may be on, see if your doctor will give you 3 months supply.

and remember ...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Timmy Tucker

Timmy Tucker Elite Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Newmarket
    I have to disagree because I will have to go round licking all the door handles.
    Tucker

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. Big Sandy

Big Sandy WOOF! WOOF!

Nov 14, 2018
    Fuck off you nosy cunt
    According to my local couriers, I live on an island, but they don't.

They seemed quite shocked when I told them they did.

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Panic buying is totally selfish and unnecessary.
    When the shelves are empty of bog roll in the supermarket and a person goes past with 12 giant packs of the stuff in their trolley then they are simply being a monumental selfish arsehole! :mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading

Where do you get 4-8 weeks from?
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ndergoing-testing/advice-sheet-home-isolation

19. b_badger

b_badger Active Member

May 11, 2019
    Cambs, UK
    If you're at high risk, over 70 and/or have pre-existing conditions. Then self isolating for a couple of months and hope this blows over is a sensible approach, both for you own protection and to lessen the burden on the NHS.

This is what our government should be doing now, protecting the vulnerable and advising them to minimise social contact. Anyone under 50 and in good health, can pretty much get on with life and expect a couple of weeks feeling a bit poorly. Just stay away from the vulnerable.

upload_2020-3-10_14-10-1.png

upload_2020-3-10_14-10-16.png

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading

OK, makes more sense when it's explained that it's for a certain age range rather than everyone.