Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Had jab No2 this morning (AstraZeneca). After getting home was quite dizzy for a while but that’s gone now.
    The reception lady told me that our vaccination passport app will go live July 1st. For us in the EU it looks like travel and holidays will be possible to most places (providing both jabs have been done or you’ve had a negative test result) and I’m already planning a trip to Germany later next month.

• Like Like x 10
  2. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Fully jabbed - but looks like Europe is a "no go" for us for the foreseeable. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yes, Angela's pushing for a uniform approach in the EU, not sure if she'll get her way.
    Also seen an amusing conspiracy theory that Boris wants us all to stay in the UK to spend our holiday money here to assist the economy. Living in Cornwall I'm hoping not, last summer was murder and this year will be even worse I think.
    Best stay away anyway, after a year of very low infection rates here it has now spiked to above UK average. Could be the G7 effect (another conspiracy?) but more likely combined with recent May Bank influx IMO.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Golfnut

Golfnut New Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Hampshire UK
    Well, in my first post on this subject, many of you disagreed with my view on vaccinating throughout the world. Politician's also thought we should look after ourselves first. Now we are in a merry-go-round of continuous mutations because of that decision. Short-sighted or what? They have the letters muddled up. Rather than Omicron it should be called Moronic.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

An interesting point of view.

Pretty much every politician globally puts their electorate first.

That’s their job, to represent their citizens best interests.

If that can be done in a way that’s mutually beneficial to a global community then that’s a major bonus.

I see no harm in accurately reporting vaccination figures. If those are better than those of procrastinating politicians from other countries then so be it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    It's a fine idea to vaccinate the world but in practice it's not going to happen for lot's of reasons. For example, how do you go out into thousands of square miles of African Bush and vaccinate people you can't find or communicate with ? There are many other reasons but I'm not going to write a book about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    And what about those that don’t want the jab. We have many in this mindset at home, let alone worrying about those across the world. Yes it is important that the world gets the vaccine so we can all overcome this horrible virus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Golfnut

Golfnut New Member

Jul 17, 2020
    Hampshire UK

I'd say the people in the bush are self-isolating anyway. It's crowds in cities that need the vaccine. People that move around and carry the virus are the issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    In the U.S. the virus persists, despite all the good efforts to contain it. Wife and I just got our booster shot (3rd. dose of Moderna) last week. You still have those idiots out there that think the whole think is some political plot or attempt to inject us with nuro-transmitters or such crazy stuff. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3