Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stephen Martin

Stephen Martin Senior Member

Aug 31, 2020
    Isle of Wight
    I think he is an expert fisherman as he keeps getting bites regardless of the bait because the poor fish keep biting ;)

2. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    We can only hope!:p

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    If you really come from Suffolk, are you J ?

4. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    #3164 Helmut Visor, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    I've kept my peace for a while but it seems to me a lot of people on here are fairly intolerant of others views. In this particular instance Desert Yeti came on and gave his alternative opinion and was jumped on from a massive height by a number of people. The Bug Splatt came on and immediately went on the attack for which people retaliated with like for like. And this is not the only thread it's happened on (think wheelie advice to name but one).
    People just need to grow up and move on, if you don't like something please just move on. If you can't have a reasoned discussion then don't bother joining in or take it to a PM.
    The forum has taken a slightly different track over the last few months and whilst I am happy to look through things I am less inclined to participate as for me I don't find it as entertaining as it used to be (and more censored than moderated)......although I am conscious of what happened after I took a sabbatical.
    Chill out folks and enjoy life, it's too short to get wound up by a virtual presence. Try not to alienate new members as they are the only thing that will keep this forum alive and moving forward.
    Take care folks and keep it rubber side down :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    #3165 Tricky-Dicky, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Your opinion mate but it is a forum full of different opinions, and they are all allowed to be voiced being jumped on as you put it is just others not sharing the opinion as I have said before things are getting a little too woke around here people throw a wobbler because they don't like being spoken to normally as most of us are older old school bikers who speak as they find so if somebody voices OTT attitude or OTT conspiracy theories they are going to run into being told that in no uncertain way, however I don't think that the people involved were given a terribly hard time considering their attitudes....but that's just my opinion it's been said before some people need to grow a pair and learn to back off when there is overwhelming opposition to their opinions and not keep pushing things!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    It all boils down to...The trouble with free speech is that for it to truly be free, it has to be there for everyone. Sometimes that is a hard concept to live with. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. No mate I'm H, But I really don't want to state who I am, I don't have an agenda of shit stirring, I just felt sorry for the newbie who was posting, we have met by the way..and I thought we got on ok . I was a bit shocked by Roosters vitriol, as he has never met me. I would just like to add that I haven't been given a fair crack as admin has locked me out without even making contact or warning me, for just trying to help someone !!! Not really a fair way of dealing with it , I'm now waiting for the abuse as I can see I'm not welcome here,
    By the way I found an alternative route in..and I'm a tech numpty but I expect that will now be closed as well, so like i said previously, If I don't reply it's because I've been locked out again, stay well H.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Why didn’t you use the “I’ve forgotten my password” option as you said the reason you didn’t use your existing account was that you had forgotten your password.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Anyway..............
    Back to the topic of the thread. I got my first AZ jab this morning. The process was well organized and I’m now halfway to freedom. Hopefully
    No issues so far but this could come in the next day or so.
    Second jab is 24th June

• Like Like x 16
  10. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Absolutely.
    Glad to see the EU are pulling their finger out at last.
    Getting my second jab in 1-1/2hrs time. (Pfizer).

• Like Like x 7
  11. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    • Funny Funny x 9
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    • Agree Agree x 10
  13. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    The wife and I took the 2 shot Moderna version pretty early on. We sat here in isolation for over a year until It was available. Our area was pretty bad. We lost some people we had known for a long time. Now that the vaccnation rate has gone.UP, the infection rate has dropped dramatically. I did not really want to get a vaccination. But this was one of those calculated risk situations. I wish so much of the population would have acted responsible and this would not have been so bad. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Well I gladly took my first AZ jab the other day, if it means we can get back some sort of normality, bring it on! And I'm getting 5g now :p

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  15. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden

Good video on the current situation in India and what might have lead up to it, its far from over.

If you have some spare change there is a link in the video where you can donate if you feel like it.

16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Peter B

Peter B Active Member

May 24, 2020
    West Yorkshire
    Funny isn't it that Boris is getting slated by a lot of people for the actions taken here, as though the he made the decisions alone without advice or consensus.
    All the restrictions were put in place to stop the NHS being overwhelmed, especially after some of the scenes shown of Italian hospitals, it seems to have worked.
    The horrendous scenes in India show what happens when it doesn't.
    I wonder if people will realise what might have happened here, given our population density, if restrictions had not been applied properly.
    We all know how high the numbers have been across the old mill towns where some of the restrictions have been ignored - I live in an area with the unwanted distinction of having the highest infection rate in England right now.
    The vaccinations are knocking down the severity of cases.
    Take one when you can.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    A lot of times its country specific too as we do have different cultures, different upbringing and some trust the government more than others.
    There isn't a "one solution fits all".

I think a lot is down to education too, now I live in a very wealthy country (and are very glad I do when looking the the video I posted) but we struggle with anti vaxxers, big gaps in income and disbeliefs in expert advice (thanks google for making everyone experts).

Also, people and their urge for having to follow traditions....
    Wasn't aware of the Kumbh Mela crazyness in India, but they are not unique in wanting to stick to traditions, why do people have to stick to traditions if it means putting others at risk.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    First Pfizer jab yesterday. Next one first days of July.
    Slight immediate arm pain, but could ride 20 km on the bike just after. No side effects so far.
    I'm just disappointed by the 5G, I wished get a brain integrated sat nav. Not working.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Give it a few weeks @Hubaxe, they might not have enabled the nanobots in the vaccine yet. When they do you will notice cuz you can feel a tingling sensation when you stream 4K videos.

• Funny Funny x 7