Corona Virus

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Old phart phred, Mar 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Quite simple,the NHS lack the resources to vaccinate,so why not diy?Give us the drug and I’m sure with a little info,we’re all capable of doing it ourselves,that what the fuck I’m on about.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OldNick

OldNick Elite Member

Aug 11, 2019
    South Coast UK
    There’s an interesting table on the attached link which gives the Total COVID deaths per capita for all Countries

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

Worst death rate in the World is Belgium, USA is one place better than the UK, and Brazil where the President famously dismissed the danger of COVID and put the economy first is 6 places better than us!!

I suspect an awful lot of arse covering going on now and in the future to validate the lock downs and damage to the economy over the last 10 months

Out of interest how does the lockdown economic cost compare to the cuts in the NHS over the last 10 years

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MARKYMARKTHREE

MARKYMARKTHREE Senior Member

Feb 11, 2020
    SOMERSET
    Clearly us Somerset boys are on the ball here Tom.
    Mrs Marky being a band 6 nurse is quite capable of giving injections and gives them on a daily basis. If she was given a 100 syringes and a 100 doses she could jab all our family and a few mates. :mask:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

That, essentially, is my question. Why is there such a level of fear worldwide for an illness that, as bad as it is, mathematically looks some way short of being a true pandemic? What's in play? Is everyone wrong? Do our "rulers" know something that we don't?
    And next, what should our reaction be? If we assume it's a smokescreen and the truth is nothing like as bad as we're being told, should we continue to behave as instructed or is civil disobedience something to consider? I'm hearing lots of criticism and not much in the way of alternatives. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

You made me laugh mate,clearly,being in a low Covid area we could sort it all out tomorrow,if we had the drugs?

6. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

Locally of course.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Just promise me you won’t inject yourself like a smack head ...

8. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

I’ll do my best,but I think you know what I was on about,no offence intended mate.

9. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    From those that have had the infection, locally, many in the under 50 age group still have ongoing issues. I feel it is this fear of the unknown effects that is driving the reaction.
    Concerns here in NZ, is around areas of aged population that have not been previously susceptible to health risks :mad: and healthy individuals with no known issues that have ongoing varied complications :worried:.

10. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

11. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

I’ve nursed hundreds of people over the last few decades... I am happy that there are folk out there who are able to self medicate, but I am also aware that there are total incompetent and unreliable people out there. I would rather leave something that is regarded to be of countrywide significance to the people most likely to achieve a consistent, reliable and documented process than hand a few syringes out with an IKEA drawing of what to do with them...
    none taken btw!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

13. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

One of the first things a nurse was taught was to inject/vaccinate ,now I’m a carpenter not a nurse,and there’s shed loads of practical people out here willing to volunteer our services.If Tesco’s prepared to offer their services,so am I.

14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    #2394 Wessa, Jan 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    I read lot's of calling out government and saying that they are covering up their incompetence. What I have not seen is anything that identifies why they would want to wreck their enconomies? It just does not make any sense to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Then I apologise for misunderstanding your meaning... I thought you literally meant just hand them out and we’ll jab ourselves.

upload_2021-1-3_17-20-41.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Hi Tom, we have the infection contained. This means all our current cases are in isolation.
    Like everyone else we had the outbreak and have had a number of contained cases that breached isolation.
    With mariner and airline crews it is a delicate balance of containment to avoid future shutdowns :worried:
    The relative small number of cases has shown the vastly different reactions to the virus.
    I feel it is the fear of the unknown that is driving what appears to be an overreaction for many.
    If you look at the decision makers, they are in the risk category OR have aged parents.
    One thing I can say is either isolation or the new normal healthy practices for cleanliness, we almost had no flu over winter :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Seems to me
    The one thing they seem terrified of is the NHS being "overwhelmed". Newsreels of sick and dying patients on trolleys queuing up in hospital car parks is the kind of stuff that brings governments down.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

The odd thing is there’s no flu here either,just Covid,what a load of bollocks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep I would agree about the NHS, but I cannot see that this alone is sufficient to take a course that would wreck the economy in the way that the response has been played out todate. In addition governments around the world don't have the flagship NHS that we have, so what is their motivation?

• Like Like x 1
  20. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I know not. Thinking back to Spanish Flu perhaps ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1