Coolant for 2010 Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Red Thunder, Dec 7, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    #1 Red Thunder, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    The manual says to use "Triumph HD4X Hybrid OAT coolant" - 2.4 litres

I have Googled this and can't buy it off the shelf, I guess I can from a Triumph dealer at a decent markup.
    What is a suitable alternative, are any of the following ok?

Comma XSM5L 5L Xstream G30 Antifreeze and Coolant Ready Mixed: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

I understand the stuff to use is the Green coolant, but most other stuff is red or blue, I think the coolant in at the moment is blue!

Cheers

RT

2. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    My dealer sold me this

Motorcycle Coolant : Castrol Moto

He said it's what they use in their workshop. Must be OK because if it f***s my engine he knows I'll be up there banging on the counter wanting some answers :biggrin:

3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Cheers for the suggestion roadrider, I will look into that.
    I spoke to a Triumph dealer about this, and mentioned the very specific coolant requirements from the manual. He said it doesnt really matter, "Coolant is coolant" so I guess a lot of it may be rider preference.

RT

4. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Just a tip but on my 2012 bike the dealer told me never to fill the expansion bottle past the minimum level as the bikes have the habit of blowing any extra out the overflow pipe and onto the floor.