Conditioning The Battery.

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Marcin, Dec 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Marcin

Marcin New Member

Apr 3, 2018
    London
    Hello everyone.

I have a few questions about the battery conditioning which answers to I was looking for here for quite some time, but simply cannot find it, so I thought I ask.

I own Thunderbird Storm '15 - it is stored in a garage in remote location from where I am, to the point it's hard for me too go there regularly.
    I wanted to condition my battery over winter storage months, but don't know the details of the procedure, hence my simple questions:

• Do I need to take the batter out to hook it up to the conditioner?
    • If I decide to take the battery out and plug it at home, will I be in danger of resetting, or damaging any electronics meters on my bike?
    • Is taking the battery out advised or absolute NO for my Storm in winter?
    Thanks in advance for any answers you might have.
    Happy riding. :grinning:

2. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    You may need to reset the clock if your instruments have one otherwise, as above.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    If you don’t have the accessory socket then just take the seat off , leave the battery in place and remove and isolate the terminals.
    Connect the optimiser to the battery and away you go.
    Obviously you need electricity in your garage/shed.
    If you do have the accessory socket connect it that way uses a hella plug.

4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    If you have power in the garage hook up a smart charger that monitors the battery charge and switches itself on and off as necessary. You can leave the battery connected and a charged battery is not at risk of freezing. If there is no power in the garage then bring the battery inside where there is. Hook up and forget. Power consumption is minimal.

• Agree Agree x 3