675 Coming back to Triumph!! Street rs

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Moe, Apr 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Hi all, been a while since I've been on here, hope everyone is doing well.

I left the triumph family last year by selling my speed 94, big mistake!

I am now ready to order the street rs, just wanted to get your views on it and the matte silver paint?

Accessories you'd add, and things you wouldn't.

Cheers guys and gals!

2. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    I tried the RS and the Speed Triple R back to back.
    The RS is almost like a two stroke, a bit mundane initially, but once you hit the powerband at about 7.5-8K it takes off like a scalded cat and probably turns quicker ! :D
    The Speed R in comparison has grunt all through the rev range as you 'd expect with the bigger motor .
    I probably had a bigger grin after riding the RS but the speeds you're doing to get the motor really spinning were licence losing territory.
    If it was as a trackbike, it'd be the RS hands down, but for the road the Speed was more what I wanted, I tend to prefer a grunty motor anyway.

I picked up a Black Speed S last week and loving it. :)

Speed_2017_0413_160606AAsmall.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  3. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Cheers guys,

I've had speed triple 94 before and that had the grunt but was too top heavy for me being a short rider too.

I've ridden a friend's 12 Street r and fell in love with how light and agile they feel. Felt quicker to turn than my gsxr 750.

TC, i know what you mean by license losing speeds, but still much lower than the gsxr! IMG_20170114_115108.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Street Triple is a cracking bike to ride round the twisties, even more so with the new engine, and it's a looker too. Given the choice for all round use I'd probably go with the R myself and spend the saving on an Arrow can, fly screen and quick shifter. I like the aluminium silver (grey) myself, but they're all nice.

5. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Rich, you reckon its that much of a difference? havent riden the r yet but will try and pop in tomorrow to see when they will have it available.

not too bothered about the arrow can as its only a cat back..

6. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Although the R is slightly better, it's max torque figure is not much lower 77nm at 9,400rpm !
    The RS torque is the same 77nm but at at 10,800.
    I suspect they won't seem much different when you're actually riding them

By comparison the Speed is at 112nm at 7,850.
    Mind you that's still a bit revvy compared to my Bandit 12 which is 90.7nm at 4,500rpm :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    You might be surprised, it only got interesting on open roads when you were into pretty much 3 figure speeds !
    It did make me grin then though :D

8. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Will take a trip down today and see what's what. Maybe try the speed back to back.

9. Matthew Upshall

Matthew Upshall Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Reading
    I am with TC on this. Coming from an S1000r I find the speed much more entertaining with its power delivery. I don't feel the need to thrash the engine because there is so much grunt everywhere.

I also find the speed more agile than the BM, I think its to do with the heavy steering damper on the BM.

Whatever you buy I am sure you will enjoy. It is difficult moving to a less powerful bike as they always seem to lack something.

Enjoy your test rides!

Matt

10. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    speed is out of the question, still to heavy for my short legs!

Triumph Ongar have got a couple extra ones coming in tomorrow, so will check out the different paints on saturday.

11. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
  12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
  14. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
  15. Matt 675

Matt 675 New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    East London
    I recently got a 675 standard as my first big bike, the weight of it is crazy and so manouverable in and out of traffic. One of my mates compared it to a bmx and hes on a gsxr 600.. We all headed down to southend shakedown last weekend with a bunch of mates 3 on gsxr 600s and another on an r6. They couldnt believe the torque off the line, must admit bottom end its great once you get to a ton it does tend to drop off in acceleration :D

16. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    I managed to get the first ride on a brand new demo RS the week they were released. I think Triumph have done a great job with it. Bit small for me but its my mrs thats interested in buying one.
    We didn't particularly like the colour scheme of the RS but our dealer is happy to get it painted whatever colour we want by 8 Ball; mrs wants purple like her 2012 Street. Costs about £800.00 extra.
    Did take my little Olfi camera on the ride, mainly to show the mrs as she has not had chance to ride it yet. Apolgies I'm no vlogger and there is wind noise.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    You can buy them but I had some alloy bar and have a lathe so made them as tall as I could without having to extend/reroute cables or wires:)

18. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Why does it always look faster when you don't know where you are?

19. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Nice one Rocker, great bike.

Keep me updated on the sale!

20. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Will do Mo good luck with Suzuki sale

21. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Ah right, ok. :)

It looks like they were raised a fair bit from the pics, so at least I know I should be fairly safe buying some relatively small risers for now.