Cloud Subscription

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by stollydriver, May 22, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Does everyone pay for cloud storage - just had bill for £6.99 / month as wife has too many pics. Just a general question as this seems excessive.

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nope don’t use it except for backing up core system bits. Photos and everything else I use a local storage device.

3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    No. Get a certain amount free with BT and use about 15% of my allowance.

4. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Google were crafty with this type of ploy/ scam.
    If you use Googledrive as part of work they give you unlimited but as a private punter only 15gb.
    After leaving that employment I started getting messages saying my Gdrive was full and for £x /mth I could purchase further space.
    I found this a bit strange as I'd dumped or backed up most stuff to an external hard drive.
    So I spent a morning going through to see what was what. The Gmail was taking up very little space but I deleted some video attachments as they were large.
    Gained very little.
    The breakthrough was when I discovered further folders with work related slow mo videos from like 10 - 12 years ago. These were now of no use to me whatsoever so once I'd watched a few hours worth :confused: to check, I binned them o_O.
    Suddenly my personal occupied Gdrive halved :blush:

I'd suggest you get the Wife or whoever to review the files saved as there may be a lot of clutter which is unwanted by yourselves but naturally welcomed by the Cloud providers!

• Like Like x 1