Cheap tracker experience??

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by SpankyHam, Apr 19, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Hi all

I was thinking of adding a tracker onto my Daytona 600. I just wondered if anybody had any experience with the cheap ones on eBay. My mate fits trackers for his job so he can install it for me but I don’t really know which one to go for.

They seem to go for either £40/£50 to £200/300 without much in-between these prices??

Its not really for insurance benefits it’s just for peace of mind really so the other alternative was hard wiring my old iphone on it somewhere and using the find my iphone app but that obviously wouldn’t text me if the bike was moved etc.

Has anybody got any experience with anything like this?

Cheers

Jonny

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    No experience but my mate has loads on his Vans... They are all circa £250, and are for tracking speed, position etc.. Not for security as they only work when power is on....
    Would be interested to know if you have any luck with the cheaper ones as was looking at them for car...

3. SpankyHam

SpankyHam Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Wrexham, North Wales
    Think I'm going to give one a go it can't do any harm apart from annoy me if it goes wrong. Will post to let you know how I get on!

• Like Like x 2
  4. JimDiesel

JimDiesel Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Nottingham
    I might consider one as well... Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Crack on Jim.. Spend some of your hard earned and let us know the result...

6. welderman

welderman Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Hi guys i have the Road Angel Bike Trac best bit of kit i ever got it texts you if the bike is moved you can make an electronic fence and it will also text a friend if you have a down and are unable to contact someone.

7. brybrem

brybrem Senior Member

Mar 8, 2013
    North Wales
    Sounds good, W. How much?

8. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
  9. welderman

Apr 26, 2013
    Just remember how much you paid for your pride and joy,its a small cost to keep her and you can transfer the unit from bike to bike.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Yep that's why i have insurance and also Gap insurance...
    Had a bike stolen once before.. didn't want it want it back after some low life had nicked it and thrashed it and then crashed it.... But if you want it back....
    I just wanted a pay out so i could get a new one..
    Gap insurance means i don't lose any money on my new bike as it pays out the difference between the insurance payout and the purchase value of the bike...
    Your tracker wont do that so you'll get you thrashed or crashed bike back and then have a nice fight to get the value of the bike from the insurance..

Its why i don't bother with alarms any more.. have you seen anyone actually take notice of an alarm going off?

• Like Like x 1
  11. welderman

Apr 26, 2013
    Yea i know what you're saying Screwball i have Gap, i hate alarms more bloody trouble than they're worth, i just like knowing with my bike trac if she gets sat on or moved iam text immediately and can get there quick to give the scrotes a slap.

• Like Like x 2