Featured Cheap Brake Rebuild

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by sean quinlan, Sep 23, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. sean quinlan

sean quinlan Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2019
    cork ireland
    i was checking the brakes on my 1993 sprint pistons were shot so looking at the prices for new ones they were a bit dear so had a look at them then spotted a pair i had laying around from a honda pc 800 perfect match less than half the price for honda ones seals and all fit job done

• Like Like x 5
  2. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    The older Triumph calipers are badged Nissins so should be easy to match them up.
    Interesting that Honda spares are cheaper than Triumph Though

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #3 Wire-Wheels, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    Duck: You might check out what Pretech has to offer for that bike. Over here in the US, everything for Triumph is pretty pricey so I don't know how the prices convert to your economy. ...J.D.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I bought my Pretech caliper from over there (TTP) and had it shipped to the U.S. west coast and it was still cheaper than buying it here ! You guys have VAT to deal with. We only have sales tax. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sean quinlan

sean quinlan Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2019
    cork ireland
    we have very limited dealers in southern Ireland and nothing is in stock so they order from a well known site better off just going straight to that site myself even if i did get them locally still pay the same also i found them lacking a bit when it came to advice on the way the carb to head rubbers were to be fitted had to figure it out myself

6. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    Even though I am in California (very highly populated), I am kind off the beaten path out here. There is a Triumph dealer,.but he is an 80 mile round trip over a mountain pass. Only one aftermarket motorcycle supply in the area, and he does not have much.Triumphs are kind of a rare breed out here. Pretty much on my own. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cap City Murph

Cap City Murph Active Member

Jul 14, 2018
    Carson city nv.
    Victorville ?

8. Cap City Murph

Jul 14, 2018
    Carson city nv.
    Victorville?

9. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    You asked me that question twice earlier and I declined to answer, now twice again. What is your problem ?

10. Cap City Murph

Jul 14, 2018
    Carson city nv.
    Sorry ! Forgot how thinskined people in socal are must be from all cramed together SORRY!