Charging A Ghost X Helmet Camera When You Are Touring

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Chris Wise, Jan 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Mine arrived today, looking forward to mounting it to use din socket.

D9559FA4-D9AE-406E-9AD1-8166A4A09725.png

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Nope still can not find a way to charge the Ghost X up .I brought a USB charger ,the standard plug with a USB port in the back but when I plug my Ghost X into the charger all it does is turn the Ghost X on and put it into record mode .It charges fine when I plug it in to my lap top .Might try one of those USB battery pack to see if that will charge it up

3. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Would something like this do the job ?
    External 200000mAh Charger Power Bank Portable LCD USB Battery For Mobile Phones

4. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
  5. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
  6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    For best results charge your camera and battery module simultaneously. • Ensure that the Ghost 4K is powered off. • Lift the front rubber port on the underside of the camera. • Connect the included mini USB cable to a powered USB port, and then to your Ghost 4K USB port. At a temperature of 25°C (77°F), recording continuously with the standard battery module installed, your Ghost 4K battery will last for 2hrs 30mins on a full charge. The camera can be powered by an external power supply such as a USB power adaptor or power pack. We recommend you to power off your camera before connecting to any external power supply. Press the button to begin normal usage when using an external power supply. If the external power is cut off for any reason during recording, the camera will immediately start drawing power from the rechargeable battery instead and continue recording, protecting your footage from file corruption. • A full charge takes around 2.5 hours (min. 1A USB port). Once the camera is fully charged, remove the mini USB cable, and replace the rubber port cover. If connected to a powered USB port the Ghost 4K screen will show a charging icon. If connected to a computer USB port the Ghost 4K screen will show a USB icon.

https://static.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/354137.pdf

7. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    That is what it does it goes into recording mode .I turn the camera off ,plug in the USB charger ,plug the camera into the charging mode ,switch the plug/usb charger on and the camera automatically turns on ,green light comes on then it goes red and starts recording but does not charge. The only way I can charge my camera up is to connect it to my laptop and it goes straight into charging It is a bloody mystery to me

PS it is a Ghost X not a 4K ,do not know if that makes a difference

8. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    I will contact Drift to see what they say

9. Chris Wise

Chris Wise Active Member

Mar 9, 2017
    lincolnshire england
    Must say Drift Customer Service must be the best customer service I have come across .I e mailed them last night ( Saturday ) and this morning ( A SUNDAY ) I received an e mail saying the problem was I had the Ghost X in CAR DVD mode and was told to switch the CAR DVD mode off. Which I have and BINGO it works .Thank goodness for that I hear you all shout .Thanks for putting up with all my going on and on and thanks for all your help

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1