changing up indicators and rear light on T100 Black

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Solebayrider, Jan 12, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Solebayrider

Solebayrider New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum and to tinkering with Triumphs in general.

I'm looking at getting a T100 black and was curious about a few things.

I wanted to change the rear light/indicator/number plate mounting for something much smaller.
    I guess I would do the same to front indicators too.

Could anyone give me any tips/sites/shops to get stuff from please?

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

2. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hi,
    I have a T100 and am in the process of changing the indicators and rear light. Online Triumph Spares & Parts Emporium Hinckley Triumph Owners is a good place to start or ebay of course. You will need new front and rear mounting brackets for the indicators - the rear ones usually mount off the top shock bolt. I have gone for the Lucas style traditional rear light, but make sure the one you choose will fit the existing mounting on the rear mudguard, some don't. The only reason I haven't changed mine over yet is because I bought a set of Scrambler mudguards, which are shorter than stock Bonneville ones, and these need spraying black first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Solebayrider

Solebayrider New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Thanks for the advice!
    Let me know how you get on with the new fender, sounds interesting.
    I'm looking at fitting some mirrors under the bars. Seem some reversed bar end mirrors that look a nice touch

4. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I fitted LSL bars which are lower and 27" wide (the stocks are 29" wide). Makes existing mirrors useless unless you want to look at your jacket, so fitted Halcyon bar end mirrors. I have them above the bar but they will flip down below too.

5. Solebayrider

Solebayrider New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Sound good to me, will look those up.
    Have you got pic of your bike on here?

6. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Heres the bike with the new bars and mirrors - I also fitted shocks off the Scrambler so the rear is 20mm higher than stock. DSCN2018.jpg IMG_20150104_154606227.jpg IMG_20141210_100101.jpg

DSCN2018.jpg

IMG_20150104_154606227.jpg

IMG_20141210_100101.jpg

7. Solebayrider

Solebayrider New Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Great looking bike, love the colours. Have you done any touring on it?

• Like Like x 1
  8. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Cheers - no not yet, but a trip to Germany is booked for June this year. Best bit is my girlfriend and her daughter are going in her MX5 so I don't need to carry loads of luggage!
    May be able to get a second German trip in later in the year with a couple of mates on bikes if I'm lucky!