Featured Changed Rear Of America

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by alfie92, Aug 10, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. alfie92

alfie92 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Birkenhead Merseyside
    20170810_165917.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. Brokenhands

Brokenhands New Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Marlborough
    Nice. Might be tempted with a similar change to my speedmaster. Where did you get the parts?

3. alfie92

Nov 8, 2015
    Birkenhead Merseyside
  4. alfie92

Nov 8, 2015
    Birkenhead Merseyside
  5. Tucker 1963

Tucker 1963 Elite Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Newmarket
    Just wanted to say very nice

Tucker

6. Brokenhands

Brokenhands New Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Marlborough
  7. Pete Farrell

Pete Farrell Active Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Lancashire
    Yo Alfie,
    About your seat conversion did your steed have a dual seat prior to your alterations? I have a 2016 America LTD edition and I want to convert it to single seat so I can fit a riders back rest (old fart syndrome!) today I took off the dualseat to have a look and the rear of the seat is bolted down then the spring release, mid mudguard area, catches the dualseat. It looks like the single seat would bolt onto the place where the spring release catch is if you removed it and replaced it with a captive nut or similar but not having done this I need advice/help. My plan is to source a single seat and a Harley rack like yours then fabricate a backrest with an upholstered pad.
    I really like the look of your bike and can picture mine in a similar look especially if I can sort out my plan.
    Any advice/help will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers, Pete.

8. alfie92

Nov 8, 2015
    Birkenhead Merseyside
    Hi Pete
    Sorry for the delay been away from computer, yes mine was fitted with dual seat. The catch you are on about comes off and you use the hole for your single seat fastening.I should think it would be a lot easier to make a back rest when you do the mod.If you can source a secondhand single seat off either the America or Speedmaster it should fit straight on I believe.Good luck with your mod. Alfie.

• Agree Agree x 1