Change Of Exhaust, Change Tune?

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Ian G, Feb 25, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ian G

Ian G Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Hull, East Yorkshire
    Just wondering I’m changing from a tec 2 into 1 short exhaust back to twin TOR’s. I currently have the TTP tune for the tec exhaust. So I’m guessing that I will have to change to the TOR tune or can stick with the existing?

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think TTP have a different map for 2/2 and 2/1 so yes you’ll possibly have to remap.
    Any other /inlet outlet market mods?

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi Ian, assuming that you had the O² sensors removed when the TTP tune was installed, swapping over to TORS will make little or no difference to the fuelling of the bike. So no new map required imo.

4. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
  5. Ian G

Ian G Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Hull, East Yorkshire
    The O2 sensors have been removed. I’ll see how it runs and if need be I’ll change the tune

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rudeboy

Rudeboy Senior Member

May 2, 2017
    Bristol
    I ended up biting the bullet and purchasing the TTP Tune 1 after many failed attempts to get the bike to run correctly SAI removed 02 Sensors removed Norman Hyde burgess Style Togas Hi Flow Filter and modified air intake cover (homebrew)
    now its like a new bike with all the power and smoothness you will not be dissapointed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I was wondering if I would need to rejet my carbs on my 2006 Scrambler. I've been thinking about the TEC Desert high pipes, currently running completely stock. I'm afraid I already know the answer but was just seeking a bit of advice. Thanks for any relpy.

8. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Personally from experience, I would avoid TEC exhausts like the plague!
    Tolerances are sloppy, welding looks like it was done by a baboon and support is poor. Save a few more £££'s and get an Arrow or similar!:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    The 2 into 1 I fitted for a friend, is pretty much a direct copy of an Arrow 2/1!
    Therefore TEC had no development costs. The end can is made in the far east and the welding is good. The pipework is made god knows where? It is fabricated from short sections of SS pipe?, and welded together by a "Baboon on crack". The welding is atrocious, full of pits n blows! Not one continuous weld on any pipe. Longevity will be low as moisture will get into the sh!t welding and it will rot apart.
    My advice, buy Arrow or similar. Look for pipes that are formed to shape, not ones made from short sections of "cheese metal" and try - welded.

Be Lucky .... Ride Safe!

10. StrippleMont

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    The 2 into 1 I fitted for a friend, is pretty much a direct copy of an Arrow 2/1!
    Therefore TEC had no development costs. The end can is made in the far east and the welding is good. The pipework is made god knows where? It is fabricated from short sections of SS pipe?, and welded together by a "Baboon on crack". The welding is atrocious, full of pits n blows! Not one continuous weld on any pipe. Longevity will be low as moisture will get into the sh!t welding and it will rot apart.
    My advice, by Arrow or similar. Look for pipes that are formed to shape, not ones made from short sections of "cheese metal" and try - welded.

Be Lucky ....

• Like Like x 1