Featured Ccm Spitfire Made In Bolton

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Oldyam, Nov 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Steve1968

Steve1968 New Member

May 13, 2018
    Cricklade, Wiltshire

2. JON DEAKIN

JON DEAKIN New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    MANCHESTER
    I ordered a flat tracker at the 2017 bike show where I was told to expect the bike by late spring. By October I still didn’t have my bike so a friend of mine offered to buy it. I called CCM and asked them, as the bike hadn’t been built yet, could they register it in my friends name. Darren Soothill told me I needed to pay £500 ‘admin’ and when I refused he said that we were supposed to keep the bikes for 6 months after purchase before selling them on. I asked him to show me where that was mentioned in the contract and then I received an email offering me a refund which I immediately accepted. If they have any aspirations to become a bigger company then this sort of carry on is unacceptable. I received a refund minus the £500 I gave them at the bike show but I consider it a lucky escape as I still wouldn't have had it yet! The original bike I ordered was supposed to come with a steel tank and then a few months down the line they changed the spec to a plastic tank yet still wanted the best part of 10k for a 600cc single pot. I'd love to see a British manufacturer do well but these guys have no idea how to run a business.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Small claims court should get you your £500 back, unless there's something in the small print.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JON DEAKIN

JON DEAKIN New Member

Dec 8, 2018
    MANCHESTER
    I’m just glad to be out of it. Apparently a lot of people are cancelling due to the delays/spec changes. When I asked Darren Soothill why they wanted another £500 if I sold my place on the waiting list his reply was ‘well Porsche do it’ lol!!!!

5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Twats!:mad:

6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    They certainly are tw@ts given these reports.

Anyway, this the music film they use to promote their bikes at shows. Public Service Broadcasting, one of my favourite little bands.

• Like Like x 2
  7. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Trouble is there are only so many people a company can take to the cleaners before it gets around, look at all the Nortons sold as an investment and all the unhappy customers :-(

8. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    This is one of my friends Scrambler version, lovely bike in the flesh.
    He has ordered parts which have been slow coming,but when it’s special it takes time

31C6EFF1-8FC9-47CB-A5E2-1A5380174041.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I totally agree that was unacceptable but these bikes are now returning a 5k premium because of the limited runs