Cbt Test

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Eastbournemark, Apr 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Eastbournemark

Eastbournemark Proud Snowflake

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Just seen an old friend. Who has taken a CBT test to enable her to ride a Honda scooter. During the test she fell off her bike! She still passed. How the heck does that happen?

• WTF WTF x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Eastbournemark

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    Seems a very odd state of affairs. My friend was hoping it would be confidence booster - having passed. However, it hasn’t done anything of the sort. Sounds like a rethink is required.

3. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    There is no pass or fail, the certificate just proves you’ve attended the training.

4. dirty big hands

dirty big hands Active Member

Aug 4, 2017
    sussex
    My CBT consisted of my friends and me riding scooters around a car park, trying to kick each other over.
    Then the instructor filled out the certificate before we went out on the roads, so we could use "big" bikes!
    :joy:

5. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Compulsory Basic Training is exactly that - It's basic training running through a series of manoeuvres in a car park usually.
    Once the instructor feels you are ready then he takes two or three of you out on a ride around and assess you until he thinks you are able to ride reasonably safely.
    There's no pass or fail, just his judgement as to how competent you are.
    Entitles you to ride up to 125cc for two years - taking Mod 1 and 2 is an entirely different matter! :cool:

6. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    #5 GaleForceEight, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Different instructors have a different outlook on the CBT. If someone falls off, to my mind they should probably need a bit more time in the saddle to convince the instructor they are safe.
    I know someone who needed an extra hour or two road riding to reach a standard where the examiner was happy to let him go out on his own, The instructor (quite rightly in my opinion) insisted he put a bit more time in because he was indicating late and wasnt cancelling every time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    There’s someone on here that likes to fall off in car parks :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Eastbournemark

Jun 17, 2017
    Eastbourne
    The modern world left me behind when the VHS video recorder came out it seems. I had no idea how little there was to CBT. If you are going to have such a thing maybe it should be more stringent. Then again I come from an era that a bloke with a clip board from the testing center would suddenly appear from behind a tree and raise his hand for you to do an emergency stop. He had no idea how you were riding for 90% of the test route.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. mpllineman

mpllineman First Class Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Pearl,Ms.
    I suppose they make you stay late to make up for the time on the ground after you fell off?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I don’t believe you should be able to work with just a cbt. You have to be a total farkwit to fail yet without your theory and just a cbt you can deliver food etc

We have a dozen Deliveroo/Just Eat scroats parked up in our hight Street often causing danger due to their lack of training road ruels and brains

When I did mine there were five lads, none of whom could speak the local language, and they passed

Im blame my kids who are too flippin lazy to get off their privileged arses and go make food, next step is a food chewing service, bah humbug and all that shite

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    G.u.i.l.t.y as charged, maybe

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Dyslexia Ron?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I know what it is donut :rolleyes:
    I use it to help with rheumatism in my shoulder & lower back, I use the 5% one that you can get from the health food shop.

• WTF WTF x 1
  14. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I use the same stuff, tastes like bum juice, can’t decide if its making a difference or not, flippin expensive

• Like Like x 1
  15. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Interesting that you know what bum juice is to compare it with :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  16. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Chris Moyles the radio presenter failed his CBT. He told the story on Radio 1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    You mean talked about himself for 50 minutes before thinking about playing 1 song in the hour :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1