Cat-less exhaust for Speed Triple

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gimlet, Mar 31, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gimlet

Gimlet Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Is it possible to buy an non-catted 3 into 2 link pipe system for a 2013 Speed Triple so I can keep the Arrow under-seat twin cans but bin the cat? Or does it have to be a 3 into 1? Or can I not get rid of the cat at all without fabricating a one-off system and what's the implications of going cat-less at MOT time?

2. Conquest Racing Ltd

Conquest Racing Ltd Contact us for your Triumph Forum discount
    Trader

Feb 2, 2013
    Dorset
    When I had my MV F4 I had the cat cut out and removed, so it is possible ;)

3. Gimlet

Gimlet Member

Feb 11, 2014
    I've searched high and low and I don't think anyone makes a 3 into 2 de-cat system for 2011 onwards Speed triples. I've found 3 into 2 systems for pre-2010 models but not the current one, which is odd when I've also been told that cats are not required or an MOT. There are de-catted standard systems available for current models of other makes.
    Could try a Lowboy I suppose, which is cat-less, but I prefer the look of the under-seat cans, even if they do add weight, and I'm not sure how the 3 into 1 will alter the power characteristics.
    Don't fancy chopping the standard system.

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    T3 racing can modify the standard exhaust as i suspect can most exhaust fabricators.
    Try and buy a standard mainifold from fleebay it will be cheaper then the low boy, send it off for modification and then fit.
    Best of both worlds..

5. Gimlet

Gimlet Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Why didn't I think of that. Award yourself a star..