Cast Wheels Going Spare

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing' started by beerkat, Oct 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Only just discovered that some peeps prefer cast wheels to spoked on their Bonneville. Maybe that's obvious but not to me!
    Anyway, I switched the cast wheels from my Street Twin for spoked wheels from the T100. Local dealer did the work but told me it's a straight swop. Cast wheels are a tad lighter but I can't tell the difference. They're gathering dust on a shelf if anyone's interested in buying them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Don’t know HT but can’t be that much difference

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    One thing to think about HT is the brake disc the same side, is the PCD in the wheel hub the same for your disc carrier.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I wonder then if these would be a straight swap onto a 2018 T100??

5. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    When I got my Street Twin (2017) and had the spoked wheels fitted they were not yet available on the Triumph accessories list. The dealer (Bill Smith in Chester) told me the wheels from the T100 were a straight swap, so that's what they did. I don't know how they managed the logistics of nicking a pair of wheels from a T100 in their shop but I left with the wheels I wanted, plus the original cast wheels.
    You would need to confirm this with your local dealer but I can't see why the ST cast wheels can't be fitted to a T100.

• Like Like x 1
  6. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    There's another thread on here (in fact you may see it the bottom of this page) discussing this very subject, started by macamxthe1st 'Cast Wheels To A T100'. Clearly the swap is a simple one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I'm toying with this, are these available? If so, what kind of money do you have in mind? Any photos?

Cheers,

Ashley.

8. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Yes, still got them. They're boxed up on the top shelf in my garage and buried under a pile of other Triumph parts, so taking photos will be a bit of a pain, unless you were seriously interested. They are basically brand new, never been on the road. They cost around £600. I'm happy with a 50% discount, so £300 plus postage, or they can be collected of course.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Thanks for the reply, and that's a great price. I appreciate the photo situation so no worries there, especially so since they're essentially brand new. Let me think about it and I'll let you know. In the meantime, one more question - did they have a coloured stripe around the edge or are they plain black?

Thanks.

10. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Thanks for the reply, and that's a great price. I appreciate the photo situation so no worries there, especially so since they're essentially brand new. Let me think about it and I'll let you know. In the meantime, one more question - did they have a coloured stripe around the edge or are they plain black?

Thanks.

11. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Sorry Flashp but I can't remember. Had a look up at the boxes today while I was fettling one of the Hondas but even opening a box to have a look would mean shifting stuff, so I could shift more stuff to where that stuff was so I can reach a box to open it. On the other hand, if you were interested in a lovely, genuine plastic Street Twin chain guard I can reach it without a problem.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Ashwin Bala

Ashwin Bala New Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Chennai
    Hi Beerkat,

Do you still have your twin wheels?

I have a t100 and have already done the the swap with a twin wheels. I want to get a spare twin wheels and came across your post.

Let me know if you do have it. We can figure out a way to make this sale happen

Ashwin

13. Ashwin Bala

Ashwin Bala New Member

Sep 7, 2020
    Chennai
    Hi Beerkat,

Do you still have your twin wheels?

I have a t100 and have already done the the swap with a twin wheels. I want to get a spare twin wheels and came across your post.

Let me know if you do have it. We can figure out a way to make this sale happen

Ashwin

14. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Sorry mate, sold 'em back in 2019.

• Like Like x 1