Featured Can't Stop Looking At Victory Bikes

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wishbone, May 2, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Aack! Don't do it, @Wishbone. I have a riding buddy who has a 2008 Victory "Hammer" he bought off a guy on CraigsList. While he likes it, he's having a heck of a time finding parts for it, etc. And just yesterday I spoke with the parts manager at our local Harley dealership. He had a Victory touring bike for years that he loved. He had toyed with buying a Harley Street Glide but told us that he finally pulled the trigger and traded his Victory for the Street Glide when he couldn't even find grips for his Victory.

That all said, Victory did come out with some cool bikes. I was a fan of the cruisers but less so of their touring models which, to me, look like George Jetson should be riding one.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I don't like the LOOK of the Indian as well as the Victory. The smaller Indian is more squared off. The big Indian is just that-- BIG. I know the Victory's were pretty expensive. I was looking around their showroom in Mesa, Az. a few years back. I bought my Legend used from a Victory dealer there and had some time to kill waiting for paperwork. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    a friend at work before I retired bought this one nice but not my style of bike

IMG_0018.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    Yes that’s a gt ford falcon

• Like Like x 2
  5. Foxy1

Foxy1 Crème de la Crème

Aug 31, 2018
    Sheffield
    A workmate of mine came off his last week, sent me these pics.

IMG-20200424-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20200424-WA0015.jpg

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I like this bike. Not something I would want to ride every day, but that is why I have more than one bike. I like it because it is not something you see every day. What fun is having a bike that 14 people in town have ? [and usually in the same color]. I am not that insecure. Being different is fun. ...J.D.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SleepyOwl

SleepyOwl Crème de la Crème

Jul 26, 2019
    Cornwall
    This is a head turner from Indian. £12k special build on ebay

s-l1600.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. bernard j czech

Jan 17, 2020
    coal township Pa
    having a 2013 Vic Hammer i can say they are great!! modern tech with single shock + inverted forks on many + the low center of gravity makes it feel lighter + handle great + the power is amazing, like the vids show a superior well designed motorcycle. first generation had issues but later models got better + better!! polaris poorly promoted them but seeing a 2008 hammer at a car dealer made me stop!!! could not deal as i wanted to dump my porkster but later found a loooo mile 13 hammer i now own + love along with my bonneville!!

• Like Like x 6
  11. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Like some others I like things that are a little different and an Indian Hammer could fit that bill or a Guzzi?
    I find the scarcity bit just makes them more appealing.
    Just need to watch that ebay trigger finger when I have had a glass or two;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. bernard j czech

Jan 17, 2020
    coal township Pa
    its nice to NOT have just another HARDLY!! the best about them is dealers everywhere + you WILL need them for parts + service

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    The victory bikes do look good (even better with girlies on them and the NEC). Never really fancied one nor have a view on how they ride. But if you like them and you have test rode one, then why not buy one...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #34 Sandi T, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
    @Wishbone, love your comment "just need to watch that bay trigger finger when I have had a glass or two". Priceless! And oh so true as I know from experience. :rolleyes::joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1