Can't Get After-market Exhaust Off? Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by frostyflame12, Feb 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. frostyflame12

frostyflame12 New Member

Feb 20, 2021
    California
    Hey guys, I have a Daytona 675R 2012 and I'm trying to remove the after-market exhaust so I can put on the OEM version.

The problem is, I was able to get everything detached EXCEPT for the exhaust pipe as seen in the attached pictures. I tried pulling as hard as I can but I can't seem to get the dang thing off. Any ideas on how I can separate these two pieces? I've removed the ring around it but that didn't seem to make a difference.

[​IMG]

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Squirt some penetrating oil in the gaps, try prising them open a bit or a bit of heat. Twist and pull

3. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

If it’s that hard to remove it much the worth removing the whole pipe from the bike. If you start twisting and it’s still attached at the to the exhaust port, it might be possible to bugger something important.

As mentioned a good LONG soak with penetration oil, heat and ‘shock’ movements to twist/pull it loose - far more likely to jar it free like that. Gradual pressure is your enemy.

4. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    It looks like there is a bracket supporting the end of the collector pipes so I doubt it would trouble the exhaust port connection by twisting and pulling. I’d try the penetrating oil first then heat the part you want to remove and maybe use some freeze spray on the collector to contract it.

5. frostyflame12

frostyflame12 New Member

Feb 20, 2021
    California
    Looks like soaking it in some penetrating oil and twisting it back and forth did the trick, thanks everyone!

• Like Like x 3