Cant Delete Photos In Edit

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by v8dve, Aug 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    Can anyone let me know how to delete photos in edit mode?

Did a search but nothing came up.

I have tried to delete using the delete buton in more options but nothing happens.

I have tried to delete the image code in the text box and that wont delete either.

Text edits fine but photos are staying put.

I have emailed admin, but no reply as yet.

Any help appreciated

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Go into edit then cick on more options, now down at the bottom of the post you will see the original options for your pics. With a delete option. Try that

3. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    Thanks Crispey, already did that and didnt work.

Tried on my Ipad and my windows pc and that didnt work either.

Also cant delete original post and just redo it.

Weird ;)

4. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    If someone's added to a post you can't delete it, that's for admin, photos I'm stumped on!

5. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    When you're trying to do these changes, are you signed in ??

I just created this post to check when the "delete" and "edit" post buttons appear - they are at the bottom of the post as soon as it is posted.

6. v8dve

v8dve Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Southampton
    Thanks Big Lad, yep all signed in. The buttons are there but when you click em nothing happens.

7. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    It all seems a bit random! I just deleted a whole post with an image in one thread but can't in another! Can't seem to delete a photo on its own though, I'm sure I have in the past! If you hear from admin let us know the answer.

8. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    #8 thebiglad, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    If you want to delete just a pic out of a post, click the Edit button and assuming it works you'll see your text and something relating to the pic - might be a link to a hosting site, or an "Attach bracket box" or just a thumnail in any case you should be able to 'Highlight/delete' then save

Just tried what I said and this doesn't work for pics downloaded from your 'pooter, but when you open the 'edit box it gives you the option of deleting the attachments, individually.