Caffeine & Machine

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Lcfc85, Apr 11, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

.....and that fiver is for a three hour slot! So it seems like pay up, eat up, get gone. Not for me, that one. I'd happily go during the week, but I'm not inclined to blow a bluey on a three hour parking slot just to get a heart on the top of my coffee. Hats off to them, this looks like a good crack from their perspective. Reminds me of a subcontractor I used some years ago-he started sending me invoices for work I hadn't provided him with :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lcfc85

Lcfc85 New Member

Mar 14, 2021
    Leicestershire

You will find a lot of places are doing this now you could book a slot for free and not turn up then that 3hour slot could of been taken by other people and the pub loses money if they have no shows Tbh I don’t mind paying the 5quid shows your committed to going and the way the government have completely shut down this sector since November it has to be on its knees. I personally think we all need to support this industry as much as possible or they will all disappear and then people will moan they haven’t got anywhere to go stop for a quick drink and food before riding on again

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    When we were there, they told us they charged £5.00 for cars at events but that bikes were always free. If it's a specific event then maybe but a fiver just to turn up - fuck that. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  4. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Well you'll find me not using a lot of places then! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

I get that, and I'm all for supporting people with my custom. If that charge were to be debited from an order, I might go along with it. But to charge me five quid simply to park and make my order, and be time limited to boot, looks like going a bit far. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    What's up with cheese and pickle sandwiches and a bottle of water at a free location of your own choice?
    I hate paying admission charges, anywhere.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1