Buzzing Noise Under The Tank

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Linx, Apr 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Thanks for the replies :). It's definitely not the fuel pump though. It's the throttle servo. It seems some bikes do it and some don't. I'm guessing it's trying to close the throttles further than fully closed. Probably needs a TPS reset. It's just the same as the servos on a radio controlled car or plane when the servos aren't adjusted right and there is a bit of strain on them. The bike has to go into the dealer for the quick shifter recall soon. So I'll ask them about it then.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tomap

Tomap New Member

Jul 5, 2020
    Sverige
    Hello,
    As I said to another thread.

My two weeks old t120 with 700 km just started buzzing from the throttle body...

I have a the 800 km service booked on Wednesday and hope that will give a solution.

Did you find a solution on your side ?

Can't believe that kind of sound is normal... Especially when it just start from nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DanielB

DanielB Noble Member

Jan 13, 2019
    Abingdon, Oxfordshire
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Hi all,

I have just heard my 2022 Street Twin make this noise when I switched the ignition on.
    As others have described you can hear the fuel pump prime initially then stop but the buzzing continues on until the bike is switched off.
    Did anyone every come up with a definitive answer to the problem.
    TIA.
    Brian.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. jannick

jannick New Member

Aug 16, 2023
    new yrok
    The buzzing noise that you are hearing is likely coming from the alternator. The alternator is the component that generates electricity to power the bike's electrical system. When the bike is turned on, the alternator starts to generate electricity. This can cause a buzzing noise, especially if the alternator is old or damaged.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TriBriBon

TriBriBon Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    UK
    Whilst I appreciate your reply, I'm afraid you are wide of the mark.
    Why I hear you ask, well because the bike is not actually running when the noise is apparent.
    I have in fact found the answer since posting my question, but thanks for your input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Come on then Brian. What was the answer?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    A while back after returning from a ride I heard a buzzing from under the tank after the engine was turned off. It turned out to be a wasp trapped in the airbox (Speed Triple RS).

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. jannick

jannick New Member

Aug 16, 2023
    new yrok
    wow, i didn't thought that

10. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I had the same when filled up the tank. It was BP. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1