Buying Riding Kit

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Waterboy, Nov 26, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Waterboy

Waterboy New Member

Aug 30, 2022
    Cardiff
    I called to 3 shops today in the vain attempt to buy new boots and trousers, didnt get anywhere, seems like nobody stocks kit anymore.

Im looking for Alpinestars Corozal boots, not one shop had any, also looking for some decent textile trousers, had the same outcome.
    so much for supporting your local shops.!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Sportsbikeshop in Bristol have them. If you go on their website you can reserve anything in store to try on with no obligation to buy ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Bike shops often have little to no kit as they cannot compete on price with mail order places like Sportsbike Shop. So it looks like you may have to go for a ride to the likes of M& P in Swansea.

4. Waterboy

Waterboy New Member

Aug 30, 2022
    Cardiff
    I did call into Swansea M&P they didn't have any Alpinestars, also called into Thunder road, their stock was quite frankly shocking, also called into GTs in Llantrisant, nothing doing there either.
    Looks like a road trip to sportbikeshop in Bristol is on the cards for Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Seems like lots of kit is harder to get at the minute, makes what used to be a fun experience feel like hard work. I went into a Sportsbikeshop as my helmet and boots are getting a bit old. Helmets were well stocked but boots were thinner on the ground, I had wanted to try on TCX touring boots and compare with Daytona but they were out of stock in my size in both, waited for a couple of months for the TCX to come back into stock, then ordered from Sportsbikeshop online, currently waiting on the next size up though a good job they have free returns.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Waterboy

Waterboy New Member

Aug 30, 2022
    Cardiff
    It has been rather challenging to get some decent kit. and i agree it does get a bit frustrating.
    I thought the NEC would have lots of options for boots & Clothing, but sadly it wasnt the case either
    anyways, i had a right result today, called into Sportsbike shop in Bristol, picked up Alpinestar boots, and a pair of RST Pro series Ventilator textile trousers

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    Sports bike shop. Huge stock, If you can get it there you won’t get it anywhere. I went to the Boston shop as it was the only one at the time, there are a few other locations now.

To be honest just buy from them on-line. If it doesn’t fit it’s free and easy to return.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1