Buyer Beware - Xl-moto

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Repooh, Feb 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    Folks XL -Moto

Think carefully before you buy from these people, they are part of Pierce.AB a Swedish company

They advertise some amazing deals but very often product is not available at that price, some might call it false advertising, they call it an invitation to buy, which is legal speak for we can lie without consequences

I had an episode of this, made much worse by them not responding to me, claiming emails were never received and promising call backs which never happened, escalated to executive team at Pierce who basically said, meh, here’s a discount code now go away

I told them to stick their discount code and will not buy from them again

Its Sportsbikeshop for me, the opposite experience to XL-Moto, watch and learn from theses guys Sven and just maybe you’ll realise your company sucks

In a solidarity protest I shall burn all my Ikea furniture

• Useful x 9
    • Like x 2
    • Cheers x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Interesting experience Repooh.........

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Thanks for the report.

You weren’t going to buy that screen from them were you,,,,,, if so they’ve done you a favour Repooh :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Bought an item from them a year or so ago only because it was so good value and cheap as if it were stolen and it actually turned up and was a brilliant bit of kit!! So on that I can say my experience was positive

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I have to say that I’ve had a few very positive experiences with them. Having said that, I’ll always default to Sportsbikeshop if they have what I want.

As an aside, Sportsbikeshop won’t price-match XL Moto as they’re not a UK seller.

• Useful Useful x 1