Bsa Is Back

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Jadorff, Nov 27, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Smilinjack

Smilinjack Guest

My mate had aTribsa, I understood it stood for Bastard's Stopped Again....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Well from riding my Firebird i though it was bloody sore arse. Through biking before crackers get on my case.
    Joe.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    A kick starter would be something different from the "retro" bikes.
    With today's "tech" it could start the engine {when kicked thru at an appropriate speed & tension set by the rider} via some sensors that would control the starter.
    Believe I would prefer that instead of a bunch of damn lites verifying everything in the world is OK. Those could all be under the seat, in a black box.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Back in the day I really wanted a Goldie, but they were a premium bike then and really expensive, so I settled on a slightly knackered Norton 500 Dominator instead.
    Now I'm over 70, so don't realistically have an awful lot of riding years left (plus the Government, of whatever hue, seems determined to get rid of bikes and cars altogether in the next 10 years) so I reckon I'll give this new Goldie a go. Of course, I'll have to keep my T120 as well, as I love it, but the Beezer could be a good stablemate and a last hurrah for my biking life, as I can't see myself going electric.
    Cheers all

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    Cheers Bikerman, but BSA will have to do bit more work tidying up the bike - I've just seen another vid on youtube which zoomed in a lot more on the bits that matter rather than just the shiny tank etc. Some of the build quality looks a bit worrying - there's a big gap between the head and the downtube and the plumbing there is a bit hit and miss. The cat is fugly as is the bloody huge radiator. Not too sure of the downpipe either - does it really need to be that fat ? Still, maybe the NEC examples are pre-production and the finished article could be bbetter. Here's hoping, otherwise I might have to get an Interceptor...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    #26 Georgez, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    I saw a pitcher a possible "Victor Special". Looked to be a liquid cooled, 355 with no real pretense of a retro, just the Yellow & Silver of the tank. That I could be interested in.

Would have posted a pitcher, BUT I'm at a loss for the simple "copy & paste"... seems like somebody got a job.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. DCS900

DCS900 Careful, man! There’s a beverage here!

Sep 11, 2021
    LA
    I never thought they were ever as good looking as they could be... I would be interested in a more modern take on it...

upload_2021-12-19_23-32-26.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Georgez

Georgez Senior Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Pacific North West
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nice :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. newT120

newT120 Active Member

Apr 1, 2016
    London
    I posted earlier that I would be interested in the new Goldie as a second bike. As I've now sold my CB1100 I'm definitely in the market, BUT.....

I see from the London show guide in today's MCN, that BSA hasn't even got a dedicated stand there - it seems the Goldie can be seen on the National Museum stand, tucked away in a corner. Why's that then ?

You'd think that a would-be major player in the booming retro-market would take every opportunity to show its models, unless of course the earlier estimates of spring availability were wishful thinking - could there be production problems ?

Haven't seen anything about pricing or the likely dealer network etc., all things you would expect from a manufacturer supposedly launching a new range within the next few weeks.

Is the Goldie just a pie-in-the-sky bandwagon-jumper, or a serious proposition do you think ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    in my mind the fact that they have not released any details about dealer network or pricing tells me that they are not ready to launch any bikes soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Kinjane

Kinjane Active Member

Oct 15, 2017
    Bristol, Land of Enger
    #34 Kinjane, Feb 10, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
    I’ve never known any bike which has yet to be ridden by the public receive so many expert opinions and reviews on YouTube. This has been so hyped up since it’s first public appearance I’m half expecting it to sprout wings and fly off into the sunset and start dancing with the Unicorns as soon as the first purchaser fires up the engine.

For more decades that I’d like to admit to, I’ve always had an Enfield (single) in various states of tune lurking somewhere in the murky depths of my garage and sold the last one a few years ago with a mere 33,000 on the clock so am looking forward to test riding this Mahindra special to see how it compares to the Chennai chugger.
    My last BSA was a 441 Victor Special and probably the one bike that I should never have sold so maybe one of these might end up in the back of the garage. If this 650 is any good it might even make it up front to pole position, who knows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1