Brembo Pad Recall

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by dainesefreak, Jun 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Spspeed

Spspeed Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Michigan
    LOL - my letter showed up today. The EBC HH pads suggested above are already on the bike and IMHO - a massive !!!! improvement.

2. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I got my letter on Friday also. I have a 2019 Speed Triple RS--on the recall model list and VIN confirmed.

Our dealership in Tucson is closed on Sundays and Mondays so I'll call sometime this week. If you get your bike in quickly, @Nixter, could you please let me know how long the job actually took? Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OhCrumOn

OhCrumOn Well-Known Member

May 2, 2019
    Phila
    Man, would have been nice if they staggered the mail; dealership is going to be mobbed!
    My front brakes are smoked after my last ride so bike is completely out of commission until the work is done. Great i'll basically be getting a set of brakes for free but goddamn does this bike consume pads if you ride even remotely spirited. I chalk it up to the rider aids as I brake harder and more aggressively on my R1 and those pads are going on 15k with plenty of meat. Rears on my ST.RS were at the back plate by 4k miles, fronts by 6k miles. : unamused:

4. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

No problem. They told me once they put in the request, the parts are auto shipped to them and they will call to schedule an appointment at that point. I’m hoping to wait while they do it so it’s not a big hassle getting a ride home and back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dan G

Dan G New Member

Jul 2, 2020
    Christchurch

As mod?

6. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Thanks, Nixter. I just got a call from the service manager at my local dealership about an hour ago. He gave me the same information you shared in your post. He also said that it would be a quick job so no need to drop the bike off and come back later. Hope you get your recall addressed successfully and soon!

7. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    The recall to modify the quick shifter arm. Well documented on here.

8. Nixter

Nixter Well-Known Member

Got the recall done today. Took about a week for them to get the parts and about 20 mins for them to do it while I waited. Easy money.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GOT

GOT Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Torquay Australia
    Got my email here in Australia but it says there is a 'batch' of bad pads, so inspect only, & replace if within the 'batch range'.

Nil stock of pads.

10. rob johnston

rob johnston New Member

Apr 28, 2019
    derbyshire
    ive just ordered these had the pads replaced under recall no difference so will try these out and let you know btw did you order any

11. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #31 Sandi T, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    Same for me. After a call to discuss the recall, it took my dealership abut a week to get the parts. I brought my Speed Triple in this past Friday and the work took less than half an hour. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Have they recalled the speed twin as well, if they haven’t and I still had one I would be asking why not ?

13. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Here's a screen shot of the affected models, @Wessa. I think you can go on the Triumph website and search by VIN # to see if your bike is in the mix but it looks like Speed Twins aren't included.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 7.17.05 AM.png

14. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Typical, triumph have still not admitted there is a problem with the speed twin, I’m glad I got rid

15. Old dumb arse

Old dumb arse Noble Member

Mar 28, 2020
    KS
    Got my pads done Friday, which reminds me I better bed them in properly. Yes I was getting an occasional squeal on my street triple.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GOT

GOT Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Torquay Australia
    #36 GOT, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Just a follow up, new pads were fitted to mine, not just a check

• Like Like x 1
  17. NBB

NBB Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2020
    North Yorkshire
    Mines in on Monday for run in service and front pad recall.

18. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Well the dealer finally got around to replacing my pads about a week ago. They work well and don’t squeal as much, so I guess I’m happy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. XLRS SPEED TRIP

XLRS SPEED TRIP New Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I assume you got this done at Peter Stevens Geelong?
    Do they have stock of pads or still doing a check first?
    Its a 4 hour round trip for me, dont want to go twice, and Ive found that dealer to be pretty useless with this bike when servicing & fitting parts.

20. komp

komp Member

Sep 10, 2019
    essex
    never received a letter, but have had issue with brakes since i had the bike, I obviously mentioned it while it was getting it serviced last month and they replaced them there and then. no longer do i need to pump the brakes... shame i now have a broken gear box!