Breathe + Dna Filter On Efi. Which Oem Map?

Discussion in 'Triumph Twin Power' started by Tallaferro, Jul 13, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tallaferro

Tallaferro Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Catalonia
    Hi,

A question for TTP Team (and to anybody who knows of course):

I just ordered the TTP Breath + DNA filter to fit on my 2016 Air-cooled Bonneville T100. She has Norman Hyde reverse-cone exhausts and the AI blocked. Lambda sensors still in. Usually running 98 oct. gasoline.

Since the bike is still under warranty I do not want to mess with other than the OEM maps, so I am currently using the Thriumph "Aftersales Exhaust" map.

Triumph has right now 3 options for maps:
    - Standard
    - Aftersales
    - 2-2 Arrow

Will I have any issue with that? What would be in your opinion the most adequate Triumph map for my configuration?

Thxs!!

2. PieMan

PieMan Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Dorset, England
    Hi,

no Triumph map will be ideal as they only adjust the fuelling for exhaust changes and don't take in to account the extra airflow of the induction changes. The best out of a bad bunch maybe a map for E25 as that map will have the most fuel delivery.

A note for your information, the air cooled Triumph twins don't run their best on 98 octane, normal unleaded is best and saves you money.

Regards
    Mike

3. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Probably would be best to go with a specific TTP map to go with the "Breath & DNA" and your exhaust setup. Warranty is nearly out on a 16 plate, and the changes will invalidate the warranty anyway??

4. Tallaferro

Feb 26, 2018
    Catalonia
    Well, mine has 4 years warranty and only 1,5 is gone so far... So still a lot of Kms to go.
    Nevertheless your question is right and I will ask my dealer if loading an aftersales map would void it.

Thxs!

5. Tallaferro

Feb 26, 2018
    Catalonia
    Many thanks for your quick reply.
    I guess I will need to give it a try and check the OEM maps although it does not give me the best output.
    My question was more if the OEM maps + Breathe + DNA filter is a no-go and would result on undesirable behaiviour on the bike or even potential engine harm.
    If my Triumph dealer accepts I can change the map without voiding the warranty I will surely go gor a TTP custom one.
    Enventually I will latests in some years.

When you say "unleaded" fuel I am not sure what you mean. Here all fuel is unleaded and there is 95 and 98 octanes choice...

Thxs again

6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    ‘Normal’ is 95 octane

7. StrippleMont

StrippleMont Senior Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Round your way!
    Thought Triumph gave 2 years warranty (for what it is worth)

8. Tallaferro

Feb 26, 2018
    Catalonia
    Yes. I got 2 years from Triumph + 2 years from Triumph dealer... Considering I did 20.000 Km in 1,5 years I expect she will be really prooved by the time the warranty expires.

9. Tallaferro

Feb 26, 2018
    Catalonia
    Thxs!
    Thxs!

10. PieMan

PieMan Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Dorset, England
    We have heard from some owners who told us that they have a TTP tune installed, but when they went in for warranty work, they put a standard Triumph tune back on and had no problems with the warranty. ;)

11. Tallaferro

Feb 26, 2018
    Catalonia
    Ok Ok! I got the full package with bellmouth, DNA filter, O2 plugs and ECU Cable! Just the map is missing. I will purchase and do full installation (including the internal bafle removal) probably by September.
    I will post results...

Thxs to all the replies!