Featured Trackdays Brands Hatch Indy Circuit - 15th May 2019

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Hippo-Drones, May 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Hippo-Drones

Hippo-Drones Noble Member

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    I headed over to Brands once again on my 765R [LRH] to do the Indy circuit trackday run by No Limits. Unsurprisingly the pitlane was rammed with Triumphs from TT600s, 765s and Daytonas, as well as a 955 Daytona (I think that is what it was anyways). Am wondering if any of you 'orrible lot were there as there were so many?

Anyways, it was a fantastic day, the group I was in had no red or yellow flags all day and the weather was perfect. I love No Limits, they always do what they can to make the day as smooth as possible. The GP days are always chaos, but the Indy circuit seems to be a lot less likely to see red or yellows.

I put a few vids together from the day, I'll not be sharing the other 2 until later in the year, but here is the video from my second session in the morning. I was in Yellow group, which is "Inters 1"

• Like Like x 8
  2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yep nice video.
    Would you be willing to share the camera set up details with us?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    The rear camera is an Insta360 One X, it records 360 degrees, and I edit it to pan etc in post :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    nice one, the 360 is great,i suppose the ideal spot for the 360 would be on top of your crash helmet..might look a bit odd though:eek:,maybe worth a try when no one is looking;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Are you allowed for track days?
    I'm pretty sure they got banned from motocross due to possible inflicting injuries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    #5 Bad Billy, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Interesting different camera views there mate, must take forever to join them all up into one video?
    Respectable lap times when you had clear track as well, the guy around the 8 minute mark liked a comfort brake didn't he :eek:, took you time to get round him and made a nice clean pass though :cool:.
    I like the Indy circuit, it's just a bit short so you rarely get much of a clear run, but it looked like you had fun mate. :p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    probably not allowed on a crash helmet during track days, but i was thinking more for when he does his blogging videos

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #7 Eldon, May 20, 2019
    Yes just checked on the ACU site and it appears they are banned from all circuit events.
    Probably safe to assume the track day organisers would follow this lead as best practice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    #8 Hippo-Drones, May 20, 2019
    Aye, not allowed helmetcams on UK tracks. I think the 360 would offer the most angles on top of the helmet, but am not sure they would be nice angles to see things from as it would distort the bike below it. Might try it to see what it is like as a test though! :)
    As for editing the cameras together it isn't too hard, I align all the videos with the audio so each matches on the timeline. Then I just cut between each. This video probably took around 4hrs to edit if you include the render times, around 2.5 just editing.
    The Indy circuit is lots of fun, aye there is a lot more traffic, but it is great for trying to improve corner techniques as you get so many laps to practice. I need to work on smoothing out my moving around the bike, and also getting my upper body off the bike a bit more.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    Hats off to you for spending the time editing, I get fed up waiting to join 2 pieces of film together as my cheapo camera will only record in loops of 15 minutes. If I don't turn it on as I leave the pits I simply forget to do it, so I then go back & edit out everything until you line up after the sighting lap until the first 15 mins runs out then stitch that to the second half of the race.
    But as you say the edit doesn't take as long as waiting to load from card to laptop then into MS Moviemaker which is all I have to edit it with, then when finished loading to YouTube.

I know what you mean with the moving around on the bike, try getting into the position earlier, that way you're not arriving at the corner trying to do every thing at once. But it is more difficult to get upper body in the right position with high bars than clip-on's, a guy I race with pictured below has great style, but even given that wonderful style he hasn't been in the points all the time, while others in the race hardly hang off & are faster ... go figure?

Emms.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Hippo-Drones

Mar 4, 2018
    West Sussex
    Haha, Movie Maker isn't the easiest to work with. If you ever think about upgrading look at Filmora Wondershare, it is super simple to use and not too expensive. It'll make piecing the separate files together a lot easier. The GoPro cameras I use also split the files at around 15min too! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    To be honest, I have no patience and never have enough time to spend doing it properly!
    The camera I got was £35 from Amazon, I figured that as it's mounted on a race bike and I seem to be proficient in the crashing dept, that at £35, if it gets detroyed then I am not going to be that upset ... but the camera survived the below crash while mounted above the number board, the case however was another matter!
    Donny crash 1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1