675 Braided Lines Race Set Up

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by JonyB, Oct 24, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JonyB

JonyB New Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Wollongong (Australia)
    Hi everyone!

The other day I did a bit of a clean to my calipers, and I noticed that the pads are not wearing equally. What I mean is that one of the pads is wearing a lot more than the other three. Guess which one?, the one closest to the master cylinder…

I’ve always been a bit suspicious of the setup that comes from factory (over the bumper) but have been living with it for a while as I felt like the braking is still pretty decent, and more than enough for road riding (irrespective of how spirited ones gets)… Anyway, of late I’ve noticed that despite still having that beautiful initial bite, the much needed braking / stopping power is not that crash hot, and mind you that I even though I’m not a slow coach, I’m definitely not IOMTT material… The way I see it, the pressure fluid will have to drop as it gets further away from the cylinder, and this is why I ended up with such a visible difference. I didn’t take photos at the time (my bad), otherwise I’d upload for everyone to see…

So, the time has come for me to upgrade the lines and I’m thinking of getting myself HEL lines in race set up, which is the same as what I run on my ZX9R. I’ve heard of other brands and some not great reviews on the HEL lines (even though I can’t complain about the ones I have on the ZX9R)…

I’m wondering if I can get some comments on this from riders who’ve done this change, or come across similar issues with the pads wearing differently…