Boy did good

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Englishman, Jan 10, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    #1 Englishman, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    Got a genuine QR roadster screen and fitting kit from EBAY (other auction sites are available)

Seller says its got a tiny scratch but is otherwise as new. Now these things are over 400 quid with the fitting kit so I was pleased he accepted my offer of £130.00 for it.

Ill fit it tomorrow if it arrives and post a pic:wink:

oh yeah, its for the long long ride down to the black forest from Zebrugga, once at the hotel its knickers off. , sorry, Screen off. and then enjoy the riding with the elements.

Al

• Like Like x 1
  2. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Dont want to piss on your parade BUT "tiny scratch" could well mean battered to fuck! View attachment 2676

• Like Like x 2
  3. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    s
    You make a good point there, it looked fine on the pictures though, AND the chap is a triumph America fancier with all the bling. Poor chap bought this screen but his bike is too elderly and it won't fit.
    We shall see. If it is shit, I will cry

4. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    but you have done anyway. .. your all heart...

• Like Like x 2
  5. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Always here to help SB :wink:

6. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Well, its here. Just putting a few finishing touches to a model in the workshop and the delivery man came a knocking with the worlds biggest motorbike screen box.

So far so good. As soon as I've attached the landing gear I will attach the screen.

Al

[​IMG]

7. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    Thats a big box for a screen......

Are you sure its not one of these been modified to fit a bike......

View attachment 2693

• Like Like x 3
  8. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    That's a possibility I had not considered to be honest!
    I will know this afternoon for sure, If it is one of them, I could hire the bike out to the cops for riot duties and make a couple of quid from them!

Once riot is over, just disengage the quick release and HEY PRESTO, an ordinary Triumph America once again.

Al

• Like Like x 1
  9. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Well, its just as advertised, one small mark and its obviously never been fitted. What a great buy this was. Good ole EBAY (sometimes)

I have around 450 quids worth of screen and fitting kit for £130.00 which is now fitted. It's all shiny and new looking which suits the bike which is just the same. I think the tiny scratch is worth having a saving of 320 quid for any day.

This wasn't the piece of piss fitting job that you may imagine, bars have to come off, speedo off helps and headlamp off helps.

Al

10. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Problem is its so nice and clean its hard to see it!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Looking good... looks like you have had a right result there

13. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    I must get the garage painted. This bike is too pretty so sit in a plain garage.

forgive me for not taking it outside to take the pics but it looks like it could rain and there is a chill in the air:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    So where is the Damage?

15. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Its too small to photograph, its really 99.999% as good as new. took a pic but it just looked like the screen wasn't there as the tiny scratch didn't show up.

I'm feeling smug to have got this for the price.

Al

• Like Like x 1
  16. P19DJG

P19DJG Banned

Mar 16, 2013
    So whats the next upgrade/change for the America then Al?

Rev counter maybe?

17. Englishman

Englishman Member

Nov 9, 2013
    I recon its a paint job (for the garage) befitting such a nice machine and possibly a red carpet.

But seriously, I doubt I will get a rev counter, unless one comes up and I just fancy it at the time. I'm more inclined to want a single seat and am again considering footboards.
    When I bought it I wanted panniers, screen and footies, now ive got 2 out of 3 and still only done 50 miles. I will probably get the seat and that bent rack for the rear mudguard next but OE ones are rare and im not sure about aftermarket.

Ill give it some thought........................
    Al