Bouncy Ride - Help Please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by SuperHans, Apr 6, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Agree with this. When you say you triple checked the tyres, what are they inflated to? It is 36/42?

2. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    I went from 36/42 to 33/34

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    I see you say you filled with the same amount of oil you took out.
    Have you checked you have the correct amount according to the manual or if like my old bike there is no amount specified, the air gap is correct. I said about tyre pressures previously but note that others are now saying the same, can you check your gauge is correct as I have one gauge that over reads badly so it is possible yours is under reading.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    @Bolosun

Great input. Have done 3 days on the track a week ago and been fiddling with the suspension to try and find a decent setup. I do think there is something wrong with the forks so will send them away for a "renovation" where they will look at the springs and so on.

I did try and set things to 0 (very stiff) but I think my problem starts with the preload. Even when I have turned it in to the softest it still doesn't travel much. That's why I think its something wrong.

After some more investigation I think there are some other problems with the bike too.
    On slower speed when I'm crusin on lower speeds it feels almost like its is miss-firing.
    I did change a few things when I got the bike, got the 3-1 arrow lowboy and a new map (makes u mess with the 02 sensor and stuff.
    Maybe its a combo I am experiencing.

The bike hasn't been serviced by a proper dealer for a few years so maybe I should give it a go and see if there are any software updates and what their diagnostics say.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SuperHans

SuperHans Senior Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Sweden
    Very good point Dave, I have been thinking the same thing. Could it be to much oil filled? Changing the oil and filling the same amount wouldn't make much difference if there is to much.
    So will prob send them off to be looked a by an expert (and want to have the dust seals changed too, they are a little bit cracked).

6. Jage

Jage Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2021
    Cork, Ireland
    Let us know how you get on - love to see a problem solved

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    #27 Bolosun, Apr 24, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    I only rode mine around the block when I got it last year and thought straight away the rear shock was too hard and not riding the bumps very well. So I sent both my forks and rear shock to be serviced and upgraded for use on the track. Last Wednesday was its first outing and the ride was very good especially considering with the squared off rear tyre. Will change the tyres for a track suited tyre before the next track days in July.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mathias Andreasen

Mathias Andreasen New Member

Aug 28, 2023
    Denmark
    Any updates SuperHans? Did you resolve the issue? I am experiencing the excact same thing