Boots - Safety Vs Comfort

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Joe2020, Oct 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    #21 Sandi T, Oct 23, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    Hi, @Joe2020,

You've gotten lots of good advice and recommendations from the forum members who've responded to your post! Though not the same model(s), I've had a couple pair of TCX's and really liked them. I've also had good luck with Rev It!, Alpinestars, and Harley-Davidson boots. I have one pair of Sidi's that are ok but a little stiff for my taste. They are high quality, though.

Some of it is just plain what fits your particular foot well and and also suits your bike and your riding needs. I bought a pair of Sidi racing boots for a track school camp and they did NOT work for me at all. All I could think about when riding with them was how much they annoyed the crap out of me mostly because of the stiffness of the boot combined with their height. So I particularly agree with the advice about getting boots that fit properly. Even if you're wearing boots that are very protective, they won't be "safe" if they're uncomfortable and so bothersome as to distract you while riding. I've had some like that. They've wound up going to swap meets or being "donated" to riding friends for whom they work better than for me.

I don't know if Revzilla ships to Scotland but even if they don't, they have terrific video reviews of the products they sell and typically there are a lot of reader reviews of their products, too. It's worth checking out their web site and looking up the boots that interest you and others that are similar. Good luck with your search! A great pair of boots is a beautiful thing. ;) Let us know what you decide on!

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-boots

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I have DXR Hinckley and Merlin Keele (now discontinued) boots. The DXR boots are really comfortable on and off the bike. The Merlin boots are nice quality, comfortable but getting them off is a nightmare, I nearly dislocate my ankles and knees trying pull the bloody things off :grinning:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe2020

Joe2020 Member

Jun 18, 2019
    Scotland
    Thanks for all the advice, it’s much appreciated. I decided to stick with the TCX Mood boots in the end, on the basis that they are the extremely comfortable and the Gore-Tex should keep the worst of the Scottish rain out.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1