Boots Help Please

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Jako999, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Jako999

Jako999 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2023
    England
    Hi all.
    You may have seen my post about my new 900 scrambler being a little bit high for me and I’ve been looking at ways to lower it? I’ve got to thinking I want some new retro styled boots, probably ankle height brown but I’ll consider anything but they need to have a really thick sole. That I’ll make me a bit taller and I may not need to lower the bike. Lined would be nice as well, I always get cold feet.

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Glenn2926

Glenn2926 First Class Member
    Subscriber

Dec 21, 2021
    Yorkshire
    I have Forma adventure boots in brown. They have a very thick sole and they mean I at 5’8” can flat foot my Rally Pro. I wouldn’t wear the short ones although they do a short version as there is not as much protection. Mine are now around three years old and are still in pretty good condition although no longer waterproof.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Check out Daytona boots. They're made in Germany but readily available in the UK (Motolegends, Sportsbikeshop, Infinity). I don't own a pair yet but they're on my Christmas list. They're probably the best bike boots in the world and are priced accordingly. They look like they have a pretty thick sole, which is replaceable when worn, as are many other parts, so will last for many years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    I've had a pair since 2015 and can thoroughly recommend them

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com...jAjDxhMI_OIej_y7zLQ4LdrBtsz2cxABoCU-YQAvD_BwE

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Like you I am vertically chalenged and have found that lace up boots with side zips, for ease of entry, give a little bit more thickness to the sole and heel.
    I am using Spada Pilgim Grande, comfy, stylish easy to get on/off and good sole grip.
    End of line sale at M&P, limited sizes and colours but at £31 a bargaian I paid £90 at start of year. TCX do a similar boot and pretty Spada will have new version too
    https://www.mandp.co.uk/products/spada-pilgrim-grande-waterproof-boots-ch00304?p_colour=Brown

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rooster

Rooster Grumpy Member
    Subscriber

Sep 14, 2015
    Droitwich, Worcestershire
    IMG_0961.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. FezUSA

FezUSA Member

Sep 1, 2023
    OH, USA
    I have the Forma Adventure Low, and can highly recommend this brand and the Adventure boots. Mine are 7 years old, 30k miles of summer, rain, and a little snow/ice. Break-in was really quick and they can be worn all day including walking around off the bike. Mine have been down in one accident where I was T-boned with the car's passenger headlight striking my foot. The boots did their job. They're still waterproof, warm in the cold but not too hot in the summer. Good grip. When I have to replace them I will buy the same ones again. You can get black or brown, I have the brown and that's what I would get again.

To maintain waterproof of the leather, once a year I clean and treat the boots, just like you would a good leather hiking boot.

8. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    I use AltBerg boots. Mad to measure and cheaper than most branded motorcycle boots.

9. Popeye212

Popeye212 New Member

Nov 14, 2023
    Conroe TX
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. ivenoidea

ivenoidea Member

Feb 25, 2023
    Essex
    Hi, the Daytona sport m GTX short boots are great a thickish sole but a raised insole that give you another 2 1/2 inches in height,expensive but work great.Good luck.OApete UK

11. Jako999

Jako999 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2023
    England
    So I have a very reduced list now, if you have any of the below, which I know some have tell me what you think and roughly how thick the soles are (height increase)

Daytona sport m GTX short boots (Designed to increase leg length)
    Daytona AC Classic
    Falco Aviator
    Altburg Hoggs
    Revit copperhead or Mohawk

Thanks all

12. Popeye212

Popeye212 New Member

Nov 14, 2023
    Conroe TX
    I got the Daytona GTX short and pair of Forma low for just short store trips.

13. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  14. ivenoidea

ivenoidea Member

Feb 25, 2023
    Essex
    The full description of the Daytona short GTX M Sport boots are online.

15. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
  16. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Motolegends currently have an offer on the Daytona Roadstar GTX. They're on for £299 but with another 15% off before January 2nd, which brings them down to nearly £200 off RRP. Looks like a great deal to me :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    Not got my size in the sale unfortunately :sob:

18. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    Sportsbikeshop currently have the Daytona M-Star Pro boots on offer at £345. Just bought myself some, which means the 835mm seat height of the TS660 might no longer be too high.

19. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Just picked a pair up. My first Daytona, and hoping they'll last many years.

20. littleade

Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    They will. My M stars are 7 years old and don't shos any signs of wear, I'm only thinking about replacing them because the RS has a more sporty riding position and lower seat height than the GS did.

• Like Like x 1