Boot Repairs???

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by Avinarant, Apr 16, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Avinarant

Avinarant Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    I was given a pair of Daytona gortex boots, hardly worn but had been in a garage for a while. Used them once and the gear shift protector and its twin on the other boot have both split beyond saving, any idea if these can be redone??

2. Avinarant

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
  3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    As you are nearby(ish), what about the Garforth Cobbler (I think that's the name). Not been past for a while but it is on the main shopping street. Also does repairs and alterations to leathers apparently. May be worth a try.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Avinarant

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    Yep, not sure if still there but just five mins from me to worth a check, cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John Will

John Will Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Bury St Edmunds.
    Send them back to Daytona, they refurbish them in Germany. Had two pairs done over the years, easier if you have a dealer nearby.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Avinarant

Aug 19, 2017
    Leeds
    Cheers, was it expensive? and how long did it take, there's at least one place J&S in leeds that sell them, might be worth a try, Also sent an email Tranam as suggested by littleade.

7. Flay

Flay Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2016
    Gondwanaland
    I have a pair of Daytona boots which are now 15 years old, though I think that the pattern is still current. The soles need to be replaced and I contacted the suppliers who told me the repair would be £150 approx which is about what they cost new. I believe the same boot is now £300+ new.